On her first day to office Nandini was nervous as well as excited.

"IMARAT" She sighed as she read the bold letters written outside the huge building "A UNIT OF MALHOTRA ARCHITECTURES AND INTERIOR DESIGNERS'

She rolled her eyes in excitement as she walked through the corridors .Nandini had reached half an hour before time.The cleaning staff was still doing their job and were surprised to see her.She introduced herself as a trainee and one of the sweeper guided her to the waiting area where she was supposed to wait till the office members arrived.

Instead of sitting there she decided to roam around and have a look at the colossal office which was laced with all kinds of facilities.

She was impressed the way the office had been designed taking care of minute details .While walking through the office staff area , she came across an open area which was supposed to be the staff working area. Many huge tables had been laid in the room for making designs .All kinds of stationery items were lying in the glass cupboards of that hall room.

She faltered in her tracks as she saw the back of a guy who seemed to be working on some project.He just stood there with a pencil in his hand , gaping at the paper in front of him.

"How do I compensate a 16' by 16' kitchen , keeping the balcony intact" The boy murmured to himself while frantically rotating the pencil between his fingers.

Nandini sighed and walked to stand right beside him.He was so engrossed in his own thoughts that he didn't register her presence.

Meanwhile Nandini studied the rough design that he had been struggling with.

"I think you should shift the washing area to the right and pooja room to the left , your problem will be solved" She suggested and a victory smile appeared on the boy's face.

"Bingo!" Why didn't I..." His gaze shifted towards nandini and he was astounded .Her doe shaped eyes , rosy lips and chubby cheeks casted a trance on him.

"I am Nandini..Nandini Murthy" Her voice pulled him out of the reverie" I am joining as a trainee from today" She extended her hand for a handshake as she introduced herself.

"I am Manik...Manik M..." He interrupted before he completed his introduction.

"You are also a trainee?" She asked gleefully.

" no actually..."

Just when he was about to tell her that he was the boss , her gaze shifted towards the clock.

"5 minutes past 9" Panic struck her suddenly as she twisted in feet to run backwards "Its time to report , I 'll see you later " She waved a bye to him and ran away hastily.

"Nandini Murthy" Manik smiled to himself as he gazed at her retreating figure.

--------------------------------------------

"Good morning Sir..May I come in" Nandini entered the waiting area where Harshad was briefing a few boys and girls.Apparently they were all the new joinees.

"Welcome Ma'am " Harshad remarked sarcastically " Thankyou for coming.Please have a seat !"

All eyes shifted towards her and there was complete silence in the room.Nandini's eyes widened and her heart beat fastened as she recognised the sarcasm in his voice.

"Sorry Sir" She lowered her head in embarrassment and tightened her grip around her bag.

"what's your name?" Harshad asked .

"Na...Na..Nandini Murthy" She stammered .

"First and last warning to you Ms. Murthy" Harshad frowned " You better be on time now onwards because I hate latecomers. Now come in."