The Prince's Love Child part 8

"Your bloody first night in London and not only do you fall into his arms of the Prince but get us invited to the most famous party of the year at Buckingham Palace," Diane said in disbelief.

"I'm just lucky I guess," Ellie said.

They sipped on their drinks and watched the usual crowd shuffle in. Soon cigarette smoke filled the pub. Ellie had to take off her other shoe or walk with a terrible limp when she went to the batfoom. When she returned there were two men sitting at the table with Diane. She introduced Joel and Abe they were her pub buddies. The kind that make sure you get home safely no matter how much you had to drink.

"Nice to meet you both," Ellie said as she took her seat.

"My pleasure ma'am," Joel said.

"Your to bloody pretty to be sipping suds with the likes of us," Abe said as Diane hit him in the arm.

"That's not how you make her feel welcomed," Diane said.

Ellie smiled and said, "that's okay."

"Who's turn is it to buy a round of drinks?" Diane asked.

Abe stood up an said it was his turn. He brought the drinks back an gave everyone what they ordered. He smiled as he turned to Ellie.

"What type of work do you do in America?" He asked.

"I don't work yet. I just graduated last week," Ellie replied.

"She on her dream vacation to come to England," Diane said.

"How 'as it been so far? Joel asked.

"Just wonderful. I met Diane on the airplane. She told me I could stay with her. We went shopping then came to the pub and met the Prince and then met you nice fellows," Ellis said.

"Whoa! You met the bloody Prince in this pub?" Joel asked.

"Yes and he tripped over Ellie as he was leaving the bathroom," Diane said.

"You'll got to be yanking me chain," Joel said.

"Are you sure it wasn't some sort of aberration?" Abe asked.

"I seen him in the eyes I'm telling you," Diane said.

"Did he have 'is guards with him?" Joel asked.

"Yes. Ellie show them your brand new broken shoe the Prince stepped on," Diane said.

Ellie picked up the shoe off of the floor and handed it to the guys. They closely looked at the scuff on her shoe.

"I'll give you two hundred pounds for that shoe," Joel said.

"No. I'll give you two hundred and fifty pounds for it," Abe said.

"What's going on?" Ellie asked.

"These two blokes have got what psychologist call royal fever. It's the need to buy anything the royal family has owned or touched," Diane explained.

"I think that I'll keep them and put some glue on the heal so I can wear them again," Ellie said.

"See you blokes that's a healthy attitude," Diane said as she sipped her sherry.