Do you Believe me?

~Lucy's POV~
After I left the hospital that evening I read Natsu's letter. His poetic words made tears spring from my eyes, staining the folded parchment.

I remember falling into a gray haze; a feeling quite like no other. I felt conscious, but unconscious at the same time. Increments of time came in memories, like I was reliving separate moments of my life.

He was planning to leave. He was on his way out before the accident happened, but somehow, maybe by fate, we were meant to get back together.

If Natsu didn't get into that car crash, he would be long gone; making me fend for myself.

In the whole scheme of things, and I hate saying this, I'm glad for the heartbreaking incident. Without it, Natsu and I would've become strangers, maybe acquaintances.

I remember going back to the hospital as soon as visiting hours opened. Thankfully, I had time to take a shower.

I begged Natsu not to leave. I entered his room with tears streaming down my face, a small flower bouquet in hand.

He said that everything had changed. He took some time to think and decided to stay. We both agreed that we needed to work on ourselves a little for the relationship as a whole.

I remember our first kiss since the break up...

~We were watching some sit com on television, craving Chinese food. My dad kindly offered to go pick us up some. Natsu's arm was still in a sling and he had some stitches in the side of his head. His rough and edgy looking face was to die for. 

"You look so cute with your injuries." I ran my fingers through his crazy hair, the pink strands falling in front of his eyes. 

"Well I guess I should get in more accidents then." He smirked, the corners of his pink, luscious lips turning up.

"That's not what I meant." I laughed, bringing my hand to my mouth. 

"I'm sure," he proclaimed sarcastically. He rolled his onyx eyes playfully, causing my lips to purse. 

"It's not!" I exclaimed with enthusiasm. He always teases me with stuff like this. I hate it, but I love it at the same time. 

"No, I think you meant it." Using his free hand, he poked my cheek. 

"I didn't mean it, you, you," I struggled with my words furiously, my cheeks burning with embarrassment. 

"What?" Natsu smiled deviously, obviously enjoying me struggle. "What do you mean Lucy?"

Somehow, as if I ignored everything else in the whole universe, I became very brave. Natsu was already lying down on the opposite end of the couch, myself by his feet. 

Like a tiger, I swiftly climbed over him, straddling him. I couldn't tell you how fast his whole facial expression changed. 

"I said I didn't mean it." I pinned my arm at his sides, smiling as Natsu's cheeks turned a light shade of pink. I could feel his heart beat through my body, his chest rising and falling with every breath. I made sure to not come in contact with his injured arm.

Natsu looked stunned, eyes glimmering with something familiar. Desire was written all over his face, causing me to become aware of reality. All of the confidence I had previously seeped out of me. His lips were agape, mine following. 

"I, uh," I swept my dangling hair out of my face, but the action was effortless. My eyes scattered to all places in the room but his face. 

I suddenly felt his hand on the back of my head. He gradually pushed me closer to him, our lips inches apart. We were both speechless, as if the words just wouldn't come out of our mouths. All time stopped, the earth freezing along with it. 

My arms were starting to get tired, but I ignored the burn. My eyes switched from his lips to his eyes, craving him. 

In a moment, familiar feelings swelled inside of me. A basket of  butterflies exploded in my chest, causing a tingling sensation. His lips were so soft, so familiar. It was so familiar it hurt. 

I hated to be so emotional, but I missed him dearly, and I couldn't help but cry. I pulled away after a few seconds, ashamed of my embarrassment. I looked away, trying to wipe away the tears, but Natsu caught my hand before I could hide myself. 

"Oh Lucy." He smiled, wiping a tear from my eyes with his thumb. 

"Do you believe me now?" I smiled bashfully, my voice timid and small. 

"I believe that I love you." He tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear, my gaze following his hand. His touch caused electricity to dance over my skin. 

"How? After everything that I've done to you, I can't even believe you're talking to me." Regret and guilt expanded inside of me.

"That doesn't matter Lucy, it's in the past. I just want to focus on now."  My eyes shifted with uncertainty. I started to move away from Natsu, but he gently grasped my wrist. 

"Come here," Natsu shifted in his seat, allowing room for me to lay next to him. 

I did as followed, and I felt at home. I always had in his arms. His breathing, his touch, and his words washed away all of my doubts. 

"Do you believe me now?"  He wrapped his arms around me, my head in the crook of his neck. 

He spoke with such a gentle tone that it was easy to lose myself. I gazed up at him, his eyes gleaming. 

"Yes."