Chapter 10: Jealousy

~Lucy's POV~ 

"Please come to the party with me," I whined. I pouted my lip like a child begging for a shiny new toy. 

Erza rolled her eyes. "There's no need to beg." Her face softened, a smile replacing her pursed lips. "Of course I will go with you." I jumped up in the air, taking Erza's hand at the same time. 

"Thank you, thank you, thank you." She laughed, her red hair swaying in front of her left eye. The halls of the dorm house were completely empty. Most people were either eating Thanksgiving dinner with their families, or beginning their Black Friday shopping. Erza and I had both come back to the dorms after the traditional dinner. 

Our laughter died down, silence taking its place. "How are things between you and Natsu? Did he and his mom still come to dinner?" 

Instead of dropping my head to the floor, I looked her directly in the eye. "We actually talked. It was a little awkward at first, but everything kind of resolved itself as the night went along." It was way past midnight. "We still have lots to talk about, but I'd say we're taking a step in the right direction." 

Erza smiled, "That's great to hear Lucy. You certainly look a lot better." 

Genuine smiles were beginning to come more naturally to me now. "Thank you," I replied kindly. I could feel the happiness shining through me. 

"How are you and Jellal? Good as always?" I playfully nudged her shoulder, expressing my joking nature. 

"We're fine. He went back home for Thanksgiving. Honestly, I just ate with Gray and Juvia." Her smile beamed as she spoke of Jellal. She really loved him, I could just tell. Something in her tone, posture, eyes, smile, changed at the mention of his name. 

"That's great." I said between a yawn. "I'm probably just gonna hit it for the night." I gestured towards my door. "See you tomorrow!" I enthusiastically waved and headed for my soft and warm bed. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Do I like okay?" I remember having this exact same conversation with Natsu and Levy. I decided to go with a more edgy look tonight. I'm single, why not have a little fun? I was wearing a skin tight black cocktail dress. The cut was short, just covering up my butt. It hugged my skin, a low cut neck line as well. 

I added bright red lipstick as well as a smoky eye. I was really going for it tonight. 

"You certainly look," Erza paused, eyeing my body. "Ready to party," I smiled, that was just the reaction that I was going for. 

"Thanks," I smiled, staring at my reflection through the mirror. Erza was also wearing a short black dress, just not as tight as mine. "That's exactly what I was going for, ready to party." 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I am ready to partay," I sang musically. I handed Erza a red solo cup, twirling to deliver it to her. 

"I can see that." Erza laughed, swaying in the crowd. "Juvia!" We both squealed as a bluenette came into view. 

"Hey guys, long time no see." She waved Gray over, his presence coming into view. We embraced, her blue hair flicking me in the face. 

"How have you been?" I questioned eagerly. The music was starting to pick up, my voice as well. 

"Great!" She looked so happy. Her eyes sparkled with compassion. They instantly turned solemn. "How are you doing Lucy?" She planted her eyes on the floor, hands clutching each other. I don't know if it was the alcohol or something else, but I suddenly became very annoyed.