Chapter Sixteen || Together

My mom was waiting for me when I walked through the door.

She stood there with her head down and she was biting her nails, a nerves habit that I had also picked up over the years. When I slowly creaked the door open her head flew up and her eyes widened at the sight of me.

"Oh thank god." She gasped and pulled me into a hug.

Frowning I pulled away and stared at her, "What?" I snap and I watched the sadness filter onto her face.

"I thought you left." She muttered, "Do you have any idea what time it is?"

I pause, my eyes drifting over to the clock that hung on the wall. Biting my lip I realized it was 1am, going out for ice cream with Malia probably wasn't the best idea.

Glancing at my mom; I still felt the bitter anger swirling down in my stomach, "Good to see you still care a little bit." I growled before kicking off my shoes and started heading upstairs.

"Lydia! Don't, please. I'm sorry." Mom's voice rang in my ear but the heaviness of my heart made me not want to forgive her. The words she said, they haunted me.

Stopping I decide my words, "Are you?"

She stays silent, standing at the bottom of the stairs she gives me that silent beg, "It's only us left Lydia, we can't hate each other."

Spinning around my eyes narrowed on the woman, "You were the one that started this, I just wanted to tell you who I really was. But you backlashed at me, for being me. You betrayed my trust mom, you betrayed the entire relationship we had."

She said nothing, her eyes moistened with tears and I shook my head. Counting my way up the stairs I headed into my room.

~

At school my eyes were trained on Malia, she was sitting in front of me in our English class since our teacher had given us a setting arrangement.

Growling in frustration I could only wish that we could sit together; she kept tapping the pencil on the side of her lip and I swear to god she was doing this on purpose.

"Hey Lydia." Stiles hissed from behind me, his pen poking harshly in my back.

"What." I snap and I heard the boy chuckle.

"Someone seems hot and bothered." He joked and I felt my cheeks flame.

I started writing down notes again trying to distract myself from my alluring girlfriend. Her eyes watched the board as she chewed on her bottom lip.

This goddamn seating arrangement is going to be the death of me.

~

Finally the bell rung and I jumped to my feet, sauntering over to Malia she grinned at me. "What's up Lyds?"

"My hormones." I muttered and my shoulders sag, "I hate this time of month, I hate being a girl."

"Sucks to be you guys!" Stiles shouts and his eyes lit up when Scott came round the hall. Quickly the boy ran forward and planted a firm kiss on the shorter boy.

Malia's eyes widen in surprise and I felt myself grinning in pride. Scott takes Stiles' hand and they make their way back to us.

Both had smiles on their face, "No more secrets." Scott says, "We are proud, and we aren't hiding anymore."

"Guys!" Malia shouts, "I'm so proud of you two." She brings the two into a tight hug and I stand there awkwardly until I felt Scot grab my arm and pull me into the hug too.

I feel happy, it's a feeling I never want to go away. This was my group, this was my fit.

Pulling away we are all laughing and I see that some kids have stopped to stare at us, Aiden and Theo included.

I see something flicker in Theo's eyes, but it wasn't anger or disgust; if anything... it was sadness. Frowning I look at Malia to see if she noticed too but she's too busy looking at Scott and Stiles, holding hands and laughing with eachother.

Theo ducks his head down and I watch as he tries to push his self away from everyone.

"Theo, wait!" I cry, following after the distressed boy.

He stops. Turns, and notices that it's me. "What do you want." His voice is bitter and I fell the sadness take my heart again.

"Why are you crying?" I ask and he shrugs his shoulders, trying to cover the tears that steam out of eyes.

"Why are you here?"

"Because I care."

Theo stares at me, "Scott taught you well, I see."

"Theo, please. Let me help you." I beg but the boy shakes his head.

"You can't help me, no one can help me. I'm an asshole, okay? Leave me alone." His voice is cold but it wavers with the tears, my heart strings pull. I stare at him for a long time, my mind running with possibilities to why he was upset. Standing there in the school hallways I heard his soft cries and it clicks, like a puzzle piece, everything fits perfectly into place;

"You're gay."

He stops, his body freezing. But he doesn't get mad, he doesn't snap at me and loose his shit. He only stays quiet.

"You're jealous of Scott and Stiles, you lashed out in your own denial of your feelings and jealousy." I'm even surprised with the words flowing out of my mouth. Theo glances over at me, his bottom lip trembling before he slowly nodded his head.

"I hate who I am." He chokes out before collapsing onto the ground. "I've never understood how Stiles could be so proud of his Pansexuality, or how Scott never denied me
when I told him he was a faggot. They were proud."

"Something you think you could never be." I whisper before crouching down to sit next to him. "You know, I was going through the same thing. I still am, but- it gets easier."

Theo sighs and runs a hand through his hair, "I've been in love with Stiles for as long as I could remember, since I was little, I always found him... enchanting. I hated him for making me this way, I hated Scott for taking him from me."

His words even catch me by surprise, I feel the similar sympathy swirl in my stomach as I place an arm on his shoulder.

"You'll find someone, someday. I promise."

"Lydia?" Glancing up I see Stiles, Scott and Malia all walking up to me. They all notice Theo's distress state and a frown crease onto Stiles face. "What are you doing?"    

"She's helping him." A grin finds it was onto Scott's face, "Just like I showed her."

"Him, out of everyone. She picks him." Stiles snarls and I see his eyes darken on the boy. Theo flinches at his words but I can't blame Stiles for his anger.

"People can be redeemed." It's Malia talking now, she's looking at me and her eyes are sparkling. "You should be proud."

Theo stands, "I'm going, it's fine. But I just wanted to say sorry for everything I've done, I understand if you hate me forever but- just know I'll never ever do that again. Congrats you guys."

And with that he leaves, waking down the hallway as he puts on his fake badass vibe. He winks at a passing by girl but I know.

I'll always know now.

A/N - Whoop! I was working on the Theo plot twist for a while now, and yeah this school has a lot of gays (unlike my school *_*)

Hope y'all enjoy :) Please vote and comment!