Chapter 25: My Heart Goes Out To You, Captain

Ze last chapter people!!!

Reader's pov:

My actions made me stay up that night. I kept turning and thinking, unable to get his cold eyes out of my head. For some reason, it hurts.

It hurts more than I expected.

I didn't want it to turn out this way. But...what's done has been done. I can't change it. I was being cruel. To him and me.

I turned into my right side, wincing at my injury. My hand immediately went to clutch it. I had moved too much. I sighed in exhaustion and I was sure bags would be under my eyes tomorrow.

Trying to clear my head, I shut my eyes and tried to relax into the soft mattress.

Until I heard the sliding of a window.

Now wide awake, I shot up from the bed as my frantic eyes searched for any movement in the dark infirmary. No sound. Nothing was there. It was an eerie silence as the window that used to be closed was now wide open. Even the wind seemed to be silenced. I was about to get up from my place to shut the window.

Then a creak was heard behind me.

Before I could turn around, a hand prevented me from screaming. My screams and noises were muffled. Another hand wrapped around me waist but not in a comforting manner. But a forceful, tight manner. I turned and twisted to get out of the stranger's grip, desperately wanting to escape. I punched behind me, my fist colliding with a squishy surface. A groan escaped the stranger's lips as his hands slightly weaken.

I use my other hand to punch his guts and another sound escaped. His voice was deep and dark.

"Now, now. Don't hurt me shortcake..." I recognized his voice and struggled even more to escape. I yanked his hand off slightly to scream.

"LET ME GO-ACE!!" I belt out. He punched me in the stomach near my wound. I felt the stitches tear off as my wound reopened.

With wide eyes I scream even more and louder. He slapped his hand over my mouth to shut me up. With tears streaming down my face I cried out in pain as he repeatedly punched my gut. With each punch, he got more aggressive and angrier.

Soon, I was on the ground as he kicked my stomach and threw many things at me. He dug through a cabinet as I lied on the floor, helplessly crying. He whipped out a syringe and some type of drug. I screamed in terror as he gave me a sadistic smile.

"Please no! Help! Help!" I cried more. He was about to slip it into my neck before the door slammed open. I curled up in a ball, as my blood stained my clothes and the floorboards. Ace froze and the syringe stopped moving.

"What the hell do you think you're doing, bastard?"

With a sigh of relief and wide eyes I looked up slowly. Levi kicked Ace in the gut with his knee. He grabbed Ace's hair and repeatedly slammed his face on his knee. A crack was heard as Ace's nose broke. He staggered up and with crazed eyes he came at Levi with the syringe.

"NO!" I yell. With weak hands I tried to get up but ultimately failed. Levi dodged and dodged, not breaking a sweat as Ace kept on lunging towards Levi. They pushed over chairs and tables making loud crashes. People woke up and froze at the door.

Hanji was one of those people. She dodged the two fighting and came to my aid. I was halfway up when I felt a slender hand touch my forearm. Hanji helped me up and looked at my wound as I watched the two men.

Getting annoyed, Levi grabbed onto Ace's wrist. Ace quickly reacted and kicked Levi behind the knee. Levi recovered quickly, not letting go of his grasp. Ace was laughing manically as Levi grunted against Ace.