Chapter 8: Smile

Reader's pov:

"Now you can never tell anyone." Ace spoke sinisterly. My eyes widened again, and let more tears fall down my cheeks.

"Get ready now! Don't forget your hood." He growled. I shakily complied and put my clothes on, in another room. When I was done I went back to Ace.

"Your mouth is going to need bandaging." He told, while getting some fabric. He wrapped the scratchy fabric around my sore mouth and tied it, yanking it forcefully, causing me to shut my eyes tightly.

When he was done I got my hood and put it on. As always, I kept my head down as we walked into the mess hall. I glanced up at my squad and I saw they were eyeing Ace and I. My eyes met the captains and they screamed for help. After that I went and sat beside Ace and his friends who all engaged in a conversation, while I obviously kept quiet.

"Hey Shortcake! Come here!" Hanji yelled, from Levi's table. I looked up at Ace, who was getting up along with me.

"Did she call you, cadet?" The captain growled at Ace. He nervously sat back down, as I fearfully lifted myself off of the seat and went over to Hanji and the squad. When I arrived, I kept my hood over my head, saluted and looked down.

"Why haven't you been talking to us?" Petra asked very kindly. I looked up a small bit, but the light almost caught the bandaging, nearly revealing my life threatening secret.

"Well are you going to answer?" Levi growled. I didn't know what to do. I just stood still, while they all grew impatient.

"Seriously Shortcake! What's wrong?!" Hanji asked getting worried. I sat down and using a knife, I engraved into the table.

'Help me please!!'

When they all read it, they looked up at me wide eyed. Eld took matters into his own hands and quickly pulled my hood down. I looked out of the corner of me and saw Ace, the innocent one, who looked so guilty. He knows it has to be done.

"Why is your mouth bandaged? Take it off." Gunther spoke. At that exact moment Ace had yanked me back and I saw his eyes were not so innocent anymore. I stared at him wide eyed, as did everyone else, apart from Levi. He grabbed me by the neck and started to squeeze all life out of me, that is until Hanji strongly kicked his head, knocking him out.

I had the urge to cough, but when it tried to escape, I could feel the skin that was bonded together, ripping. I rolled onto my back, clutching my mouth still coughing. That's it I've had enough! I grabbed the bandaging and tore it off of my mouth.

"WHAT THE HELL!" Petra screeched as she saw my closed up mouth and bruises and cuts, upon my face. I started to feel liquid seep through my lips and through the cuts on my mouth, blood.

I could feel my body grow weaker from all the trauma it has been put through. As my vision grew weak, I felt my body being lifted and then I completely blacked out.

'I'm never gonna fall in love again.'

*Time skip*

I woke again in an uncomfortable bed. When I gathered enough energy to open my eyes, realised I was in the infirmary.

"(F/n)?" Petra's sweet voice called. I sat up, the slightest bit and saw my whole squad, Levi and Hanji. I reached to my mouth and felt that the thread was gone. I smiled weakly and looked at them all.

"How can you smile after all of that and I'd say you've gone through different things as well?" Gunther asked.

"I smile because that's all I can do." I replied weakly, with a small smile. Everyone was quiet, taking in what I had said.

"What's wrong with that cadet?" Aurou asked.

"I'm not sure, I have to look into it." Hanji replied.

"Well if it's any help at all.....the day I first met him, he was sweet. But then, it was like a different person took over his body, the sadist one." I told them all.

"Why the actual fuck did you let him hurt you?" Levi asked in annoyance.

"Well...when his normal person was here, he told me that being in the Scouts was always his dream, it was also his other persons dream as well. But when he started to abuse me, he told me if I said a word, he would kill me. That's why he had sewn my mouth shut, so 'I could never tell another soul'." I informed all of the people around me.

"Well can you go back to being my happy little shortcake? Smile?" Hanji asked, trying to brighten the mood. I softly laughed.

"Okay then, Hanji." I said quietly.

A/n: Heyyo! Finishing up the chapters today!

Byeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!