Chapter 18: Family

Reader's pov:

Few months later~

Levi and Petra have been dating for a few months now. I'm pretty sure he's planning to marry her soon. We have new recruits as well.

Newbies in fact.

I was moved up to Corporal for saving yet another person's life. It was my 4th expedition...

Flashback~

Gallop

Gallop

Gallop

The sound of hooves sprinting through the forest is all I heard. We had split up into 3 groups. I was in Levi's group. With Levi and Petra being distracted by each other, I had to take charge. I was spitting out commands to each person for their safety.

Being the scared people they were, they listened. They did every command with ease and no questions asked. I was proud of myself.

A black flare then appeared to our left. I glanced at Levi, who noticed the black flare.

"Variant." He whispered. He looked at me and nodded. I pet my horse's head and transitioned into the trees. Oluo and Eld followed close behind me. My hair flew straight behind me from the speed I was going at.

A man screamed for his life and I went faster. The variant was now in my sight. I fly to it's wrist and cut it off, blunting my swords. I throw them to the side and unsheathed new ones.

I spun around it, cutting every piece of flesh. Lashing out my anger bottled up inside me on this monster.

"(-n)."

"(Y/n)!"

"(Y/N)!!" Oluo yelled. I stopped and fell to the ground in exhaustion. I started to cry and I rolled over on my back. I put my arm on my eyes and cried harder.

Eld ran over to me and noticed my crying. He pat my head and whispered reassuring words to me, not knowing why I was crying.

"It's okay, shortcake."

"It's okay..."

Back to the present~

I didn't know why I was crying but I think I had a pretty good idea. No one saw that side of me except Eld and Oluo. Thankfully they kept quiet about it and treated me normally as if nothing happened. It pained me to see Levi and Petra. Of course it's because of my measly crush and weak feelings that I felt this way.

I don't know who to blame.

Is it me for falling for my Corporal?

Or him for making me fall for him?

Le time skip~

We wouldn't have another expedition for awhile. I had my own squad now, including the new trainees in fact.

I know some of them. They're pretty cool!

Sasha Braus.

Mikasa Ackerman.

Annie Leonhart.

Jean "horse face" Kirstein.

Kazuto "Kirito" Kirigaya.

And Connie Springer.

All are really good, and I treat them like family. They're all special to me and they took my mind off of Levi and Petra for awhile.

"Hiya Corporal!" Sasha beamed. I waved and gave her a smile. I sat down next to her with my squad. We were all in the mess hall eating breakfast. I decided to do some extreme training for them to test out their strengths and weaknesses.

Recently, we found out there was a Titan shifter named Eren Jeager. He was determined to fight off all the Titans in the world.

I believe in him.

Apparently, not a lot of civilians do. They sit on their butts doing nothing, which is frustrating to us.

"Sasha, don't call me Corporal. Makes me sound old!" I joke. I wave my hand and she laughs. She inhaled the smell of food and her eyes widen.

"FOOODDDDDD!!!" She screams and scrambles off the seat to the chef. He jumps and fumbles with the food as she jumps around him. We laugh and chuckle at her.

I looked at my squad and gave them a kind smile. It turned deadly as I told them my plans for today.

"You'll be training your asses off or until your flesh peel of you. You won't stop until I say, okie?" I said darkly.

Horse face and Connie nodded their head furiously while holding each other. Kirito cowers under the table at my cold stare. Mikasa and Annie nodded stiffly. My smile came back.

"Don't be so stiff guys! I'm just here to help ya!" I cheer. They didn't move as the food appeared. I grabbed some trays, plopped food into them, and balanced all the way to the table.

"Pick your meals." I said. They all grabbed one and Sasha grabbed two. I luckily snatched one before she could get three.

As we ate, they loosened up a bit and started small talk. They laughed and told stories which I quietly listened to. I smile softly at my plate at the sound of them.

I guess I've added a few more people to my family.

A/n: Heyyo! So, how's this going? I'm keeping up with the schedule since I haven't used a schedule ever for writing but I feel like I'll be more organized!

So, tell me your feedback about my writing! Anything I need to add/change just comment and I'll be sure to fix it if I want.

Dis chappie is a filler. The next one shall be so intense you'll be tense...that doesn't make sense. Don't mind me, I'm just typing random gibberish now.

I realized it was Friday...FREE HUGS TO EVERYONE!!! :D

Do you see I'm hyper? Oh well.

Hope you enjoyed!
Byeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!