Chapter 24: I Take It Back

Reader's pov:

Waking up with a quiet groan, I sat up a bit. Wincing, as my hand unconsciously covered my lower stomach. I felt the wrapping of a bandage and sighed in relief.

'...I'm glad...I made it through....' I thought.

Sunlight gleamed through the white flowing curtains. It flooded the room, covering every dark corner. I felt this odd feeling of relief and peace. As if I wasn't being haunted by nightmares. Breathing in the cool air, I felt the heat kiss my face softly. I heard the rustling of the training forest with soft whistles and yells from the trainers. I heard the zipping of the 3DMGs as they latched onto trees. It was faint and almost blended in with the wind. The silky covers laid against my legs as I sat up more, using my arms to lift me up. I bent forward a bit to look out the window better.

A smile graced my features as I saw the familiar group of friends. They were together since the beginning. Eren, Mikasa, and Armin. They looked like they were having a normal conversation as Mikasa trailed a little bit behind them. The clanking of the door opening made me jump a bit as I whip around to see the person who entered.

"Levi..." I whispered.

He closed the door and walked towards me. Even with his short stature, he looked down at me and observed me. I fidgeted on the place and stared at my fingers.

"Stop fidgeting." He said, annoyed. I tense a bit.

"Yup!" I stopped moving. We were there just doing that for awhile. Taking a dare, I looked up at him slowly. His eyes were narrowed as his jaw was tensed.

"Who did this to you...?" He finally said. I bit my lip and looked down again.

'Should I tell him?'

'What if Ace comes back after he finds out?'

I take a breath and whisper, "Ace..."

Levi slammed his fist against the bedside table. I jumped and look at him with wide eyes. The peaceful atmosphere disappeared with Levi's anger.

"Dammit! That bastard, he'll die!" He growled.

"Levi...I'm sure it was just-" I tried to reason.

"Don't give me that bullshit, (y/n). He hurt you and you're just going to stand back and let him do it again?!" His voice raising. I wince and looked down at my lap. He sighed and I heard his feet shuffle right next to me.

"Brat, don't cry." He said, using his signature nickname for everyone.

"I-I'm not crying..." I said in confusion. His hand brushed against my cheek, a tear drop on his finger as he pulled back.

"Then explain what this is." He showed me. I blinked and looked up at him. He wiped his hand and groaned again.

"I'll find him. I'll murder Ace." He growled. I shake my head saying no.

"It's not worth it. Saving someone like me..." I whispered. He slapped me in the back of the head, not hard though. But enough to make me wince.

"Tch. Don't ever say that. Everyone is worth saving." He told me. I bit my lip, I kind of agree with his words.

"Where do you think the bastard is?" He asked. I shrugged. I never got to know Ace. If I even squeaked he'd slap me. Levi groaned in frustration, seeing how I was no help.

"I'm sorry." I whispered. His head snapped up at the sound of my voice.

"What?" He asked.

"I'm sorry." I said a little louder, I looked straight into his stormy gray eyes. "I'm not worthy for your kindness, Levi. I...it's...ugh..." I sigh.

"..." He stayed quiet.

"Just...just forget about my confession. Just forget about me. I-I'm not worth it." Everything was silent for a few minutes. He let my words sink in as I thought about my words. As I realized what I was doing, I turned to him.

'I take it back-'

He abruptly turned on his heel and walked out of the infirmary.

"Levi-" I tried to call out. But he was already out the door. The door slammed shut, rattling the walls and tables.

"What have I done...!"

A/n: Sorry for the late update. Had a minor writer's block and stuff. Get your shit together Joy!

Anywho, some tension in this chapter eh? Hopefully it won't stay that way to the end! A little filled chapter so I'm sorry if it's short.

Hope you enjoyed!
Byeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!