Chapter 17: What am I feeling?

Reader's pov:

A knock was heard on my door and I raise an eyebrow at it. It was late at night and I was just recollecting my scrambled thoughts.

"Come in." I mumbled. Petra came in and gave me a nervous smile.

"Hey (y/n)..." She whispered, closing the door behind her. I sat up and smiled softly at her. It had been a few weeks after moving out of her room.

"Sup' whatcha need?" I say. She fidgeted with her hands nervously. What was the purpose of this talk?

"Can I have your advice?" She asked. I nodded furiously.

"Of course, Petra!" I say cheerfully. She gulped and opened her mouth to speak but shut it instantly.

"Come on child, speak your thoughts and I shall help you." Said in an wise old lady voice. She giggled and spoke.

"Well, I've developed feelings for Captain Levi. I was hoping you'd give me advice on how to ask him out." She said, nervousness was gone and confidence replaced it. I processed her words and my (E/c) eyes widen.

"What?" I stutter out. At her words I felt something in my chest. it felt like pain but it wasn't the one I felt when Scott and Lucinda died. Petra looked at her hands that were clutching onto each other. She smiled kindly and looked at me.

"I love Captain Levi, I want to ask him out...can you help me?" She repeated. I took a deep breath in and looked at the ground. The pain grew when she said love. I took another deep breath.

'Why am I feeling this way? It's not like he was mine in the first place...Ah what the hell, I must help her. She's like a sister to me...'

I summon all my breath and I struggle out.

"I-I'll help you."

Le time skip~

"Thank you, (y/n)!" Petra hugged me tightly and I force a tight smile.

"Y-yeah. Yeah! No problem, Petra. Go-go get him girl..." I blurt out. She gives me a kind smile, oblivious to my forced smiles.

She waves and walks towards the corporal's office. I stood in the hallway staring at the hallway she walked down. As she turned the corner, she was out of my sight. I felt the sun through the window shine just in front of me. My (e/c) eyes trail down to it and I stared at the sunlight that was slowly disappearing.

I felt something hit my hand. I brought it up to my face slowly, in the sunlight. A tear glistened, making it shine. I realized I was crying and my eyes widen. I quickly wipe away the tears but they kept on pouring.

"I-it's no use..." I mumbled out. I stopped wiping my tear and let them fall freely.

"Why am I feeling this way...?" My hand raised towards his office.

"Why am I crying...?" I take a step forward but realizing it I quickly stepped back as if I was about to step in lava.

I shake my head no and turn on my heel. I ran back towards my room and locked myself in there for the rest of the day.

"What am I feeling...?"

Ze next day~

I stride towards the mess hall, looking out the windows with a grim face. The sunlight was barely rising up from the horizon. I heard a giggle and a click of a tongue from around the corner. A pain in my chest stopped me from walking, without me knowing my feet took me behind a corner. I peeked out and saw Petra and Levi holding hands.

Her giggling happily and him with his stoic face. But he seemed calm and I could imagine the ghost of a smile on his face.

They walked across my hallway and went straight in front of them, to the mess hall. I stood up straight and leaned against a wall.

I held my chest tightly and let out a shaky breath.

"What am I feeling...?"

A/n: I apologize for the 2 day wait. I have a bunch of stuff to do and a lot is in my mind. I hope this won't happen again ^-^

Hope you enjoyed!
Byeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!