Chapter 22: My Nightmares

Levi's pov:

I sighed, running my slim fingers through my hair. Frustrated with all the paperwork I set down the pen and leaned back, shutting my eyes to rest.

A light knock, barely audible, was heard on the wooden door. I sighed again, "Name and business." I say with boredom.

"(Y/n) (l/n), sir. I'd like to talk to you privately." The door muffled her voice. I instantly sat up and organized my papers.

"Come in." I called out. The door opened quietly and closed silently. I leaned on my hand while my arm rested on the arm rest. (Y/n) came up to me and looked at me. She bowed deeply. I sit up and my brows furrowed in confusion.

"Thank you sir. I don't know what I would've done if you weren't there to stop me." She announced.

"(Y-)." I started to say but she continued, ignoring my voice.

"I wanted to properly thank you. Let me know if you have something for me so I can make it up to you." She said. She straightens up and stares at me, awaiting my answer.

I looked at her a little bit closer, I then realized it now.

Her smile was fake, I couldn't have seen through it unless I really looked. Her eyes...her (e/c) eyes were tinted with darkness and bleak. It was like she was lost in a never ending darkness.

"(Y/n)...? Are you okay-" She cuts me off again. I growled lightly, slightly annoyed at her interruptions.

"I am happy. I am alright. There is nothing wrong." She emotionlessly said. It was like she was telling herself more than me. I cleared my throat and brushed off her strange actions.

"Just clean up the mess hall, that is all. You're dismissed." I concluded. She nods and walks out with quiet footsteps.

When she closed the door I shut my eyes and laid back into my chair.

'What's up with her?'

Reader's pov:

I shut the door quietly and let out the breath I didn't know I was holding. It was the first time I've seen Levi after that expedition. He looked well but stressed out...

I shake it off and walk to the cleaning supplies. Taking out the necessary materials, my arms were full of it. I wobbled side to side seeing that I have no balance.

"Meep-AH!" I scream as I fell to the floor. A door slammed open and I get up, blushing slightly.

"O-oh...um...hi Levi...." I say cheekily. He groaned while pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Tch, clumsy." He says as he picks up the supplies. I stand up and brush myself off. I then helped him gather the supplies and were about to take it from his hand.

"I got it." He snapped. I leaned back with defensive hands.

"Okay okay, calm down." I smile. He looked at me and stared at me.

"What? Is there something on my face?" I ask while pointing to my face. He shakes his head.

"Come on." He bluntly said. I roll my eyes and follow behind him. There was pure silence as we walked down the corridors. Not even the birds were singing. It was very eerie as I heard little creaks from the floorboards.

I didn't like this feeling.

Not one bit...

I walked a little closer to Levi, feeling as if I'll get lost in the familiar hallways. After many twists and turns, we have arrived at the mess hall.

We pushed through the doors and an eerie silence greeted us once again. We set down our stuff and began to clean.

"Why are you helping me? This is my job..." I ask him as he started to scrub the tables.

"Tch...I just needed a break...from the paperwork..." He looked uncertain but shut his mouth before he can say more. I shrug and mopped the floors.

Le time skip~

I was not wrong about the eerie silence. Now I was alone in the hallways after a long day of cleaning. Everything was silent.

Until I heard footsteps.

With furrowed brows, I turned. No one was there.

Biting my lip, I turned back around with a faster pace. The footsteps became faster as well as louder along with my footsteps. With panicked breaths, I sprint down the hallways.

The footsteps became light. They were now right behind me. That was until I twisted the knob to my room and slammed it shut. I leaned against the wooden door, trying to calm my breaths.

When I opened my eyes, I nearly screamed.

My nightmares had became reality as I saw Petra turn her lopsided head with a sickening crack.

"You didn't save us."

----

A/n: I had a minor writer's block but I finally posted it! I am really sorry for the late update. Hope you can forgive me :3

Love y'all!
Hope you enjoyed.
Byeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!