Chapter 5: Meet me at sunset

Reader's pov:

I awoke to the sun's harsh light beating down on my eyelids. I didn't get too much sleep last night, maybe two hours. That was normal for me though. I got up and made myself look presentable.

When I went out for breakfast I sat beside Petra and she gave me an angelic smile, which I gladly returned. I was going to start training today. When we finished breakfast we went outside to start training. We started by Titan killing. I wanted to try a co-ordinated attack with Petra.

"Petra let's kill this one together!" I shouted happily at her. She nodded and smiled. We made a planned what we needed to do and made sure that we remembered what to do. We had it planned and it finally started our attack.

We acted as if it was a real Titan so we crossed by each other and I grabbed onto Petra's hand that were held out for me. She gave me an extra boost by swinging me. When she let go we charged at it. We both had our blades out and killed it. I have to say it was a very clean cut for a co-ordinated attack.

We both landed on the ground and hugged each other. We laughed with glee and broke away from the hug.

"We have to use that outside on the field!" Petra spoke happily. I nodded in agreement.

"We have to make a codename for it, so we know what we have to do" I said nicely.

"Erm...how about launch?" She asked. I nodded again and smiled at her. I suddenly felt something slip off my wrist.

"Hey what's that?" Petra asked. I quickly picked up my friendship bracelet. That one was Lucinda's. She had a purple one, I had a (f/c) one and Scott had a red one.

"It's nothing." I said quickly. She seemed to get the picture and left it at that. We all went to go and get lunch. The squad sat down and I went to go make black tea for myself. When I was done making it I was just about to walk out until some random cadet walked into me and the scolding hot water went all over me. I cried out in pain.

"Oh my God! I'm so sorry!" The cadet said. I held the scorching fabric away from my body and the boy helped me up.

"It's okay! Don't worry about me!" I said hoping to reassure him. He smiled a little.

"I'm Ace. Who are you?" He asked politely.

"I'm (y/n)." I replied happily.
"Well let me make it up to you. Come to the training ground at sunset." He said. I raise my eyebrow and thought about it. I nodded after a minute and went to change my top.

~Time skip to sunset~

I went to the training grounds and saw Ace there waiting. He had light brown hair and sea blue eyes. He had a good facial structure and a straight nose. He was actually quite good looking and seemed nice.

"Hello (y/n)!" He said politely.

"Sup' Ace!" I greeted.

"I just want to say I'm really sorry for spilling that tea all over you. It must've burned quite badly." He said guiltily.

"I'm fine it did hurt a little, but I'm fine now!" I said happily. He looked relieved.

"You know you're probably one of the nicest girls I've met." He said innocently. I blushed at his comment.

"Well you're the nicest boy I've met." I replied shyly. He chuckled at my blushing.

We just sat and talked for hours. We were talking about nothing really.

"(Y/n)?" He asked.

"Ye-" I was about to reply but I was cut off by Ace's lips on mine. I was shocked but soon melted into the kiss. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he cupped my face. After a few minutes we pulled apart. I gazed into his sea blue eyes and blushed. He smiled genuinely at me. We said our good nights and I went back to my dorm where Petra was. When I got in I had such a big grin on my face. Petra was awake anyway and saw my face.

"Hey I saw you going out with that cadet earlier. What happened?" She asked. I sat down beside her and grinned. Some girl talk was much needed.

"Well. I was making tea earlier and he bumped into me and the tea went all over my top. He said sorry and said he would make it up to me, if I met him at sunset. So we there talking for ages and he suddenly kissed me!" I said explaining it all. Petra smiled at me.

"That's so cute. I'm guessing you guys are in a relationship now. If he does anything to hurt you, Hanji and I will rip his head off." She said. I laughed and nodded. I went to sleep again, but as always to be plagued by nightmares.

A/n: There ya go! Chappie 5 is done! Chapter 6 shall be up in a momento.

Byeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!