Chapter 16: Cleaning Day

Reader's pov:

Cleaning day.

The most dreaded day above everything else.

Guess who couldn't skip cleaning day? This girl. Right here.

I sighed and stalked out of the mess hall silently. Levi was instructing the others to their designated cleaning areas. I had Levi's room, my room, and the mess hall, as well as the kitchen. The others I felt bad for.

Oluo had the horse stables and the rest of the 2nd floor. (The squad's and Levi's rooms are there) Petra had the attic and would help me clean Levi's room. She also had to do the outside Windows. Erd and Gunther had the bottom floor and outside.

I sighed, running my fingers through my hair. I take the end and stare at it. "I need a trim." I mumbled.

I hunted for the cleaning supplies and got started on cleaning my room. After a couple of hours, I went to Levi's room. I knocked 3 times.

"Name and business." I heard his voice command.

"Caden's (l/n), housekeeping is here." I sarcastically said. I heard a faint, "Come in." And entered the room.

He didn't acknowledge me since he was so focused on the multiple stacks of paperwork on his desk. Despite all the papers, his room looked squeaky clean.

"Are you just gonna stand there or what?" He snapped. I jumped slightly and nodded furiously, answering his question. I set the cleaning supplies down after shutting the door. I quickly went to work and flew back and forth from each side of the room. I cleaning every nook and cranny quadruple times so I don't have to clean it again.

Then, I started on the floor. I grabbed a sponge and started to scrub the dark oak floor. My (e/c) eyes trailed over to Levi, who was now resting his eyes and breathing softly. A piece of hair strayed onto his face and Levi's face looked completely calm, not the stone-hard face he gives to everyone.

It was...comforting...

I hummed softly as I cleaning the floors quieter. The windows I opened up earlier blew wind in and the curtains flowed around softly. Wind brushed against my face as I breathed in the fresh air. I could hear Levi's soft breaths and everything was calm and quiet. Until someone had to ruin my paradise.

A knock resonated around the room, waking Levi and interrupting my humming. I quickly moved over to the corner and started to scrub there. Levi said the usual and Petra answered.

"Cadet Petra Ral, I came here for (y/n) and a request." She stated.

Like a change in the atmosphere happened, the quiet, peaceful atmosphere became more...lovable.

Levi straightened up, putting his guard back and building up the wall I almost broke. My shoulders slump at the thought and I scrubbed slower.

"Oh, (y/n)! You're here!" Petra noticed me. I gave her a weak smile and continued to scrub. Then a wave of fatigue washed over me and I rested for a bit.

"What's your request Ral?" Levi looked outside the window. Petra's gaze traveled to the floor. She fidgeted with the end of her white shirt and but her lip. I raised an eyebrow.

"May (y/n) have her own room? I'm not trying to be rude but I'd think she want....her own room." She glanced at me. Levi looked at me and I nodded furiously.

"Uh-yeah! My own room for-ya know." I nervously scratched the back of my neck. He rolled his eyes and clicked his tongue. With a flick of his wrist, he dismissed us.

"Do as you please."

I sighed in relief and glanced around his room. Clean enough. I put away the supplies, wanting to do the kitchen and mess hall tomorrow.

"Let me pack my things." I told Petra, she nodded.

"Why'd you ask?" I questioned as I shoved my clothes into my luggage.

"You've been having nightmares, I assume from the fall, and I would say you'd like your own space. You've been sneaking out at night which kind of wakes me up. I'd like to give you space and um-well-" I cut her off.

"I'm disturbing you. I get it, it's okay. Sorry for bothering you." I gave her a smile, reassuring everything was okay. She nodded and let out a sigh of relief.

"I thought you'd be mad at me." Petra admits.

"I could never be mad at you! You're my best friend! I just hope we can still have our bond. You're like a sister I never had." I said.

"Of course! You're very optimistic, (y/n). I love that about you!" She smiles.

I gave her a sad smile.

I'm not optimistic. Not even close.

A/n: First chapter! Whoop whoop! Hope this was to your liking. I posted this earlier cuz I was excited! So I hope this makes up for this week.

Byeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!