Chapter 6: I was never normal

Reader's pov:

woke up when it was still dark from another nightmare. I cried until there were no more tears to fall. I realised that it was time get ready so I woke Petra up gently. She opened her eyes and smiled before replacing it, with a look of concern.

"Hey what's wrong? Your eyes are all puffy." She said concerned.

"Nothing I'm okay." I lied. She nodded knowing I didn't want to talk about it. We both got ready and went to the mess hall together. I saw Ace gesturing for me to come over and to his table. When I sat down he planted a light kiss in my lips.

"Good morning." He spoke softly. I smiled at him as my face went red from embarrassment. Someone sitting at the table cleared their throat, trying to get our attention.

"Sorry. This is my girlfriend, (y/n)." He spoke politely. Everyone at his table smiled at me. But it all seemed really fake.

"Nice to meet you all." I spoke nervously. I didn't really feel that safe with them. I scooted a little closer to Ace, hoping to feel safer with him. He looked at me with concern. Well I'm not sure if it was concern, it didn't really seem right. I ignored the feeling and went outside with my squad to train.

"Hey Shortcake! What's wrong?" Eld asked. I laughed at the nickname.

"So you're calling me that as well?" I chuckled.

"Well Hanji did give you a good name" he replied smiling.

"And to answer your question, it's nothing I just felt a little uncomfortable with Ace's friends but I shook it off. I can be nervous around new people." I told him. He nodded at me.

We were going to spar with the other cadets today. I saw Ace looking for a partner until he looked at me and smiled.

"Hey (y/n). Wanna spar?" He asked. I don't know if I was wrong, but I could've sworn I heard a sinister tone in his voice. I nodded a little, shaking off the uncertainty. I shivered a bit, I kinda had a bad feeling about this.

We circled around each other for a few seconds until he charged at me, not showing an ounce of mercy. I went to step back but he purposefully stepped on my foot with a lot of weight so I couldn't. I was falling back but Ace punched me and I heard a crack in my nose. I fell on my back as tried to get up until he pinned me and started to punch me.

"A-Ace you w-in. St-op you're fuck-ing hurting m-e." I shouted trying to cover my face from the endless punches they were getting. He stopped once I shouted and looked at me evilly, then that turned to a look of concern when he saw I was turning around to go to the Captain who had his back to us.

"I swear if you tell him. I will beat you so hard that you won't live to see another day." He threatened hatefully.

"Woah. What the hell just happened to the Ace who was normal?" I asked. It had inky been a day and he'd changed from an innocent, sweet boy to a sinister, dangerous boy.

"I was never normal." He said evilly. I didn't like this.

"What happens if I do tell?" I asked cautiously.

"Then I'll kill everyone that you're close to." He spoke without a care in the world. I growled at him. I did't like this one bit.

"Fine. At least will you let me attend to my face?" I asked nervously as he made his way towards me.

"I'll help you." He said maliciously. I let a tear make its way down my face as I walked with him.

A/n: And the demon shows his true colors. *growls inhumanly*
But it's for the sake of the plot! We must stay strong!!

Byeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!