Chapter 23: I Love You

Levi's pov:

A scream made me jolt awake. Alarmed, I get up and swing my door open. The scream happened again and I followed it. I sprint down the halls to (Y/n)'s door.

I bust it open and gasp at the sight. (Y/n) sat against her bed with a knife jabbed into her stomach. Panic arose as I ran to her and kelt down beside her.

"What did you do?!!!" I yell. She gasped and kept on choking for air as blood spurt from her mouth. I ignore the blood on the floor and grabbed the handle to he knife.

"This will hurt...I'm sorry..." I whispered as I yanked out the knife. She screams again in pain and Erwin finally decided to show up.

"Oh god..." I hear Hanji come up behind him. She rushes towards (Y/n) and set herself down on the other side.

"Put pressure on the wound Levi!" She commanded. I nod and set both my hands onto the side. Blood seeped through her shirt and stained my hands. She gasped for air and Hanji frantically took out her med-kit.

With shaky hands, (y/n) sets it on my hand. With a weak smile she spoke to me.

"Levi..."

"Don't put strain on your body. And why the hell are you smiling?" I question. Her smile becomes weaker as I remembered awhile ago...

"I smile, because that's all I can do..."

I look into her eyes that held sorrow...and love?

"I love-you...Levi..." She says until she passed out. With shock enveloping me I shake my hands a bit.

"...(y/n)?" I blurt out. With anger coursing through my veins, I snap at Hanji.

"Hurry up shitty glasses!! She's dying!" Hanji speeds up and takes out needle and thread. With careful but swift hands, she sewed up the sound as best as she can. She cleaned up the remaining blood and ordered me to take her to the doctor. I carefully lifted her up bridal style.

Shock was still evident on my face at her sudden confession and almost being face to face with death. Who did this to her?

Who could have done this?

Why?

Why would she confess?

Did she know that this might be the end?

Why am I angry?

I think about the last one as I ran down the halls to the infirmary. As I reach the door, I burst through while barely breaking a sweat. The nurse did a double take and helped me put her in the bed. I stared at (Y/n)'s seemingly peaceful face.

"Sir, I'm sorry. But you need to leave. We might have to strip her to get a closer look at her wound." The nurse informs me. I reluctantly leave and sit outside in the hallways on the filthy floor.

I realized what I was feeling. What I was thinking.

(Y/n) had always been there for me. She's helped me as I helped her. She broke my walls of emotion and I broke her wall of happiness. To say the least...

I admire her. Being so strong yet weak. So cheerful yet depressed. Confident but shy. She saw through me.

And I didn't notice, until she almost slipped through my fingers...

Reader's pov:

Floating into the abyss with nothing around me. I was shocked to say the least. I confessed to the corporal without knowing and almost died. I hope the stab wasn't too fatal...I want to live with Levi in a happy life. I'm not ready to die!

But one thing's for sure...The nightmares didn't plague me this time.

But it became reality.

Flashback~

With a scream, Petra disappeared. Until I saw who took her place.

"A-ace?" I say, surprised.

"Surprise, surprise shortcake. That's me, the one and only Ace." He smirked. His eyes...his pupils were dilated and small. He held this psychotic aura. He opened a small pocket knife as he loomed over me.

"Ace...don't...get away!" I yell.

"Oh shortcake, you don't know how much trouble I went through just for you! You should be grateful!!" He yelled at the end and pinned me against the door. I wince and stared at him in fear.

"Yes...YES! FEED ME YOUR FEAR! OH I LOVE THAT LOOK IN YOUR EYES!!! HAHAHAHAHAhAhHaHahHaHHah!!!" He cackled.

"Goodnight...shortcake..." And he stabbed me. I gasp as I spit it blood. He threw me against the bed and jumped out the window with a laugh. Levi burst in through the door.

With short breaths, I stare at him with wide eyes as he kneeled on my side.

Then everything became blurry and I spoke words that weren't meant to come out.

Then the blurry was became dark.

Cold, ruthless darkness.

A/n: Okie! So I've decided to update Saturdays now since it is easier for me. Ace is back and rolling in dough people!

The end is nigh!!!

A couple more chapters till the end of this beautiful book. I came down with a terrible cold this morning and I got a presentation to do this week so wish meh good luck!

Anywho, hope you enjoyed!
Byeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!