Chapter 34: Identity

Feel free to play the video for some music while reading. Enjoy.

Zyrah's Point of View

The moon sets and it was smiling at me, while darkness filled everything. I pushed myself up and leaned against a car. I smiled as I looked at my surroundings. Darkness. Full of darkness. I remember the times I used to be frightened about it then eventually... Through all the things that happened, I came to love idea of it.

There's just something to the feeling of not knowing your surroundings, not seeing the color of things as they appear, but as truly they are. There's something about the unknown, the quiet, the cold. And there's something unspoken about the dark, something I can never quite put words to. Something terrifying yet beautiful.

The thing about people is they feared darkness with the thought of getting hurt, but without them knowing it. The darkness that surrounds us cannot hurt us. It is the darkness in our own heart that we should fear.

I closed my eyes, harboring the pain. I was working on relaxing my breathing pattern. I bend my left leg and put my arm on it while the other lies straight on the ground.

"You played a game well."

I heard someone said, I immediately opened my eyes and looked at him. I crinkled my forehead as I stared at him. He looked somewhat familiar, but I couldn't manage to figure out how.

"Yeah, it was fun." Tangi kong sagot. I don't know why I even bother to answer him. Pain is starting to crept in. Oh fck. I thought I was numb already. I shouldn't have feeling anything by now.

The guy took a few steps closer. He was wearing a black leather jacket, white v-neck shirt and black jeans with black tooling boots. He was stunning. Sinfully beautiful.

Really Zy? Now, you are appreciating someone's looks? Well, that's bullsht.

He leaned down on me and placed a finger on my lips. I silently gasped when I saw my blood on his fingertips. Then he stopped, looking intently at the darkness. He let out a sighed, and after a couple of minutes decided to emerge with the darkness.

Kunot noo kong sinundan siya ng tingin, I just watched his figure slowly fading away. What's with the guy? So weird.

Napabuntong hininga na lamang ako. I tried to push myself up and stand but I failed. Maybe, I just need to rest a bit pagkatapos ay pipilitin ko ng makatayo ulit. I should have stay in a hotel, dahil kapag nakita ko nila Debby na nasa ganitong kalagayan ay sigurado akong di ako titigilan ng mga iyon.

I closed my eyes once again. The pain is starting to get unbearable and I could feel my body slowly dozing off. Just when I was about to drift off, someone lifted me up. He's quite quick since hindi ko namalayan ang paglapit niya.

"Dippy..." Agad akong napadilat. Napabuntong hininga ako sa lapit ng mukha niya sa akin. He has this expression I couldn't name. Something I don't wanna put into words.

"You okay?" He asked, I could smell his scent. Nagsimula na siyang maglakad. Agad kong nakita sila Roni na papunta sa direksyon namin.

"Fine." Maikli kong tugon. Kumunot ang noo niya at tinitigan ako ng mariin.

"Zy what the fck happened?" Nag-aalalang tanong ni Debby. She accidentally touch my arm, I grimaced in pain and gritted my teeth.

"The hell Zy, ano bang nangyari?" Tanong pa ni Aprho. Looking at their worried expressions, I felt a sting of guilt creeping in my system. As much as I want to enliven them, I just couldn't. I'm just too fcked up for them. Too screwed... and ravage...