March 27th

EASTER: (Don't mind errors, jeez I'll fix them later. I'm a sickly beast watching 50 Shades of Grey.. all I'm saying is I hope the books are better.)

Egghead

The kids run around the lawn with baskets in hand. I've never been one to get into religious holidays but they aren't bad to celebrate. As long as you leave religion out.

Scott walks next me, the whole time looking straight ahead. I don't bother to look at him either. We both just watch the kids run and play.

"It's a beautiful day." He says. "The kids seem to be having fun."

"Scott, why am I here?" I ask not even bothering to look at him.

He looks down at me, his blonde hair pushed back slightly as he shows off in his blue suit. His intense gaze causes me to look up at him, but as quickly as I do I look away. "I needed a place discreet to talk to you."

"Bringing your ex "girlfriend" to the home of you and your ex wife, on a holiday with your kids, family, friends, and coworkers to discuss your sexual endeavors is the best place to be discreet? No, Scott, this is the worst place to cause a scene, especially for a board member like you."

Scott and I were in a sexual relationship. Well, sexual to him, no so much to me. I knew what he wanted but I couldn't help but to grow accustom to him. I care about Scott whether he wants me to or not. He's an egghead, but he's my egghead.

The only thing I regret is what I did to his family. His wife, Brinda, is a bit of a bitch, so she deserved it. It's the kids I feel bad about. His wife has a daughter and they have a son together. Though the girl isn't his, Scott loves her like so. He wanted to do right by her by doing right by her mother. Scott wanted to show his daughter how she should be treated by a man. That obviously didn't go according to plan since his womanizing ways got in the way of that.

Scott and I have had family like outings with the children. They seem to like me. But I'm not so sure about that now. I didn't know Scott was married until his wife caught us in bed together. We had been together for over a year at the time and, unbeknownst to me, they were in the midst of divorce.

"But I know you'd never do that, I have too much control over you." He smirks as he looks away, his arm wrap around my waist to pulls me closer but he pulls away just as fast. "Plus, this is the best place to have it. If we were to meet up anywhere else people would become suspicious."

This was a pretty smart yet foolish observation. I don't know why he's even attempting to take this risk though. He doesn't care, he couldn't care enough not to be selfish even if he tried. He especially doesn't -and shouldn't- give a single fuck about me.

"Why, what's the point in doing this? What do you want from me?" I ask, looking at him with pleading eyes.

"I don't want anything from you, Rebecca. I just want you." He looks into my eyes, his filled with want but not love nor passion.

I look away, not knowing what to do or say. All I can do is watch the children fill their baskets with candy filled eggs, even though their parents are probably going to take it away from them anyways.

My eyes land on Kenssy and Breck, Scott's children. Though they're half brother and sister they don't act like it.

"I think they hate me." I say as my eyes begin to tear up. "It's the hardest thing about this situation. I can barely live with myself because I love those children... but... I ruined them." I put my head down in shame as a single tear slips down my face. As quickly as it does I wipe it away. "They hate me don't they?" I say after a small pause