Chapter 22: Confessions Of The Heart

• Dedicated to Chloe Velthuis

"I'm... uh. I'm pregnant maybe," Beth choked.

Daryl pulled her back and stared at her as if feeling betrayed but pulled her back into his chest. "Maybe?" he asked, a hint of happiness in his voice. Beth nodded, "I talked to Maggie because I have back pains and all. She asked Carol but I didn't want anyone to know so she told her she thought she might be pregnant. Carol said maybe. I'm sorry."

"Why are yu' apologising?" Daryl asked, moving her away and then kissing her gently. "Am I hurting ya?" he questioned, placing a hand to her stomach.

Beth shook her head, "I'm okay, Daryl. Please don't tell anyone. I'm sorry."

"Stop," he demanded harshly. "Don' apologise. It's fine, ain't yur fault. Are ya sure?" Beth smiled at him and shook her head, "I might be but I'm not sure. I'm so scared, you know? I'm only eighteen and I'm really scared, Daryl."

"It's s'okay, Beth. I'm here, I'll protect yu' and the baby, 'kay?"

Beth wanted to nod and agree with him and pray to God she would be alright but she knew what happened to Lori could easily happen to her.

"I have some names," she squeaked. "They ar'?" Daryl asked, the hint of an amused smile on his face. "Levi for boy and Nevaeh  for a girl. Do you like them? Are they okay?"

He laughed and kissed her softly again. "They're amazing," he whispered into her ear. "I like Desiree too," he said.

Beth wanted to kiss him and press her body closer to him just to be closer, just to show him how much she loved him, but she knew he just wanted to talk right now. "I like Desiree," she agreed.

"Let's get something to eat, 'kay? Be careful," Daryl said, offering her a hand as he stood to help her and placing a hand on her stomach to keep her steady.

"I'm fine," she squeaked softly, kissing his cheek. "I'm hungry, come on."

THANKS TO http://www.wattpad.com/user/rosereedus FOR NEVAEH/DESIREE AND http://www.wattpad.com/user/teamdaryl_twd FOR DESIREE TOO.

HOPE YOU ALL LIKE THIS, THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALMOST 2500 READS. I NEVER THOUGHT IT WOULD GO FOR THIS LONG AND I'D HAVE SUCH AMAZING READERS.

LOVE YOU ALL, GINGER-NOTS, AMY.