Chapter 11: Greene's Still A Virgin

Beth tried to push the walker off, its teeth making crunching noises as they clanked together near her soft skin. “Beth,” Daryl yelled, lifting his crossbow.

The walker pushed her down onto the cold concrete floor. “Daryl?” she screamed back. She tried to choke back the tears advancing down her face but she hardly managed to stay quiet.

The weight of the walker was lifted off her and she felt something warm splatter her face. She let out a disgusted “Oh,” as she saw the insides of the walker on herself. “Ah, Daryl?” she said. She looked over at Daryl who was laughing. She sighed, “Rick?” Rick held his gun up and his eyes were focused behind her.  She turned on the floor, feeling the blood seep through her clothes.

“Glenn,” she exclaimed.

The Asian nodded, and offered her a hand. She shook her head, “I’m covered in guts. Daryl?” He walked over and grabbed her hand, lifting her up. The guts fell to the ground, and she put a hand to her mouth to stop from being sick. “I’m wearing white,” she said, looking down at her see-through shirt. Daryl stared at her and she crossed her hands over her chest, wincing as her arms touched the blood on her shirt. “Stop,” she said, looking at Daryl whose eyes were still on her. She poked his cheek, making a dot of walker blood. He smiled, “Yu’re gonna pay for tha’.”

She giggled as he lifted her off the ground and tickled her throat. “No, stop!” she laughed. He put her down, “Let’s get goin’, aye Rick?” The man nodded and Glenn walked faster to catch up with him, talking to him quietly.

“Daryl?” Beth said softly. He grunted, “Wha’?” She sighed, “I almost died. Would you ever let that happen?”

Silence.

“Never,” he said quietly, his accent faltering. She nodded, “I wouldn’t let you die either,” she said louder, grabbing his hand tightly in hers. “Be careful, okay?”

Daryl didn’t reply. Instead he pulled away from her and untangled their fingers, and walked away. “Daryl,” she said, standing still. He turned around and mumbled something at her. She scoffed, “You can’t be serious!”

“Your dad,” he said, moving closer to her, grabbing her shoulders with her hands, gripping tight, “Told me to stay away from you, I’m just doing what he asked.”

She pulled away but he kept his hands there. “Daryl. Daryl you’re hurting me,” she said wincing as his hands dug into her shoulder blades. “Stop. Ow, Daryl!” He let her go and pushed her away, “Sorry” he said, reaching towards her. She pulled away and walked past him, shouldering him purposely on her way past. Beth crossed her arms across her chest and walked up beside Rick.

“Keep him away from me,” she told him, walking away from him to the car. She pulled open the door as Rick and Glenn got in the car. A hand pushed it shut. She turned.

“Daryl, stop,” she warned. He pushed her against the car, “I’m sorry,” he repeated. He took her waist in his hands and hugged her. Beth wriggled out of his grasp, “My dad told you to stay away from me when exactly? Didn’t stop you before I got attacked, did it?” Daryl scoffed, “No, but no one knows about that, do they? As long as they don’t find out, right?”

His accent wasn’t as strong; he was either serious or upset.

“They won’t,” she whispered, rubbing her arms. “I’m not mad at you but once again I admit I care and you push me away like all of this means nothing to you. Am I not allowed to care? Ever?” Daryl sighed, “I’m not used to it, Greene, and no one’s ever cared about me, let alone a girl and I’ve never cared for anyone before you.”

Beth felt slightly sad for Daryl but he had admitted he cared for her and that meant for to her than anything.

She grabbed his arm. Daryl followed her into the car as Beth squeezed in beside Michonne, who decided she wanted to stay in the car in case the Governor came back. "We need to talk later," Daryl whispered into her ear.

Glenn cleared his throat loudly. "Are you and Daryl," he said, turning to look at her, "Like together?" They exchanged a glance quickly and Beth shook her head, "No, why?" Glenn shrugged, "You're really close though, right?" Daryl squeezed her hand and moved closer to her, pushing his arm against hers; making her feel all warm and fluttery in side. "I guess," she replied, eyeing Rick who was trying very hard to hold his tongue.

"We really need the cell Daryl sleeps in and you guys are the only ones who don't share a room with anyone so if you wouldn't mind..."

Beth knew immediately what Glenn was talking about. He wanted them to share a cell. Beth opened her mouth to talk but Daryl beat her to it. "I don' mind." Beth smiled at him, "Neither do I."

***********************************************************************************************************************

They climbed out of the car, nearing the prison. Maggie ran towards Beth with her arms open but instead wrapped them around Glenn. Her father hobbled over and told her that her sister was feeling better and should be okay to leave her cell in a couple of days, but was allowed out for a couple hours a day to stretch her legs. "Daryl, Beth," Rick said loudly. Everyone turned to look at them.

"Can we talk?" he asked, motioning to a spot near the fence, hidden by trees.

Beth nodded and skipped ahead of Daryl; her heart was in her throat. She reached back to grab Daryl's hand but he was walking too far back and she pulled it back afraid people might see them together.

"Uh," Rick started. "Are you guys...?" Beth was confused and shrugged but it was Daryl who replied. "Wha'?" Rick scratched the back of his neck, diverting his gaze to the floor. "Are you guys sleeping together?" he asked, looking at them.

"No, Greene's still a virgin," Daryl replied gruffly. Beth was embarrassed and a rosy colour rose to her cheeks; she turned away from them both. "I'm, uh, going back to the prison," she said quietly, trudging away from them.

 I MIGHT BE POSTING ANOTHER CHAPTER TONIGHT, I KNOW THAT'S A LOT FOR THE PAST COUPLE OF DAYS BUT I HAVE A LOT PLANNED. THIS WASN'T MY FAVOURITE CHAPTER BUT I LOVED THE LAST BIT.

DON'T FORGET TO FOLLOW, COMMENT OR VOTE IF YOU LIKED THE CHAPTER, YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING AND ALL THAT KEEP THIS STORY GOING BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL SO SUPPORTIVE!

ONCE AGAIN, THANKS, I LOVE YOU ALL. XOXO, AMY.