Chapter 7: He Knows?

Beth grasped the gun in her hand and took the baby from Rick, following his instructions. "Take Judith inside and tell Maggie and Glenn we need help," he yelled at her. Beth nodded, holding the baby gently in her arms as she ran inside the prison doors.

"Maggie?" she called loudly. Her sister appeared in front of her. "Walkers got in the gate," Beth told her quickly, as Glenn ran past the two sisters. Maggie nodded and followed Glenn.

"Carol," Beth said to the older lady, "Take care of Judith, I need to go and help." Carol was against it, but Beth told her that she needed to help.

Beth held the gun high and pushed open the heavy door with a bang. She felt someone grab her and pull her to the side, shrieking as the walker pushed itself on top of her.

See, Beth isn't one for violence, she's fragile and scared of things that go bump in the night, but at the moment, that one moment, she thought of Judith, and Daryl, and Maggie and Glenn, and Carol, and Rick, and her father, and how they would feel is she died just like her mother and brother and knew she couldn't do that to them; anyone.

Beth raised her hand above the walkers head and slammed it down on its neck with a sickening crunch, as it landed on her stomach. The walker grabbed her hair in its hand and pulled it, making her yell. She grabbed the gun in her hand, contemplating whether or not to shoot it or not. Could she?

Would she?

She pulled on the trigger and felt something warm splatter her face. Beth kicked it off, gasping and shocked; scared. She pulled back and stood, letting her gun drop to the floor, holding it tears.

 Daryl turned to see Beth struggling with a walker. There was a gunshot and it fell to the floor. He watched as she stood, dropping her gun and another walker attacked her from behind. Daryl raised his crossbow and tried to shoot it but they were wrestling too much for him to get a clear shot; he cursed.

Beth heard the teeth of the walker near her ear clamp close near her flesh and screamed. "Help," she yelled, helplessly, wrestling with the flesh-eating monster trying to bite her. Her short, thin arms reached out to try to get her gun but it was just out of reach.

HELP

She slammed her head down on the concrete and felt herself slipping away.

Beth screamed as her mother pulled on her hair. She felt hands pull her up and she screamed again as Andrea stabbed her mother in the head with a farm tool. Jimmy wrapped his hands around her waist and she watched as Daryl held Carol; could a guy never hold her like that? Could Jimmy never hold her like that? Jimmy lead her back to the house as she cried; her blue eyes wet with tears and her hair messy, slightly undone pigtails over her shoulders. Her sister always done her hair for her.

Beth felt something nibbling on her shirt and when she opened her eyes, all she saw was the blurred image of a thin walker, with stringy black hair. She screamed and tried to push her off, tears welling in her eyes as she remembered the death of her mother. An arrow shot the walker off her and she pulled herself away from the wriggling body beside her.

"Beth," Daryl called, lowering his crossbow. Beth turned to look at him, breathing heavily, her blonde hair messy, falling from her bun. "I..." she stuttered, looking at the twice-dead corpses. Daryl nodded, "Get your gun, I'm going to check on Rick," he called. Beth quickly nodded her head and scrambled around for her gun.

Daryl did a half-jog over to Rick and called his name. Rick turned, "The fence should hold for now, get everyone inside."

He nodded and walked over to where Beth was before, but she was gone. "Beth?" Daryl called. He was worried that she was hurt especially after yesterday and the kiss... Daryl brushed his fingers against his lips, remembering the taste of her soft lips.

"Daryl," Beth squeaked from behind him, laying a hand on his arm. Daryl pulled her into him and kissed her, after a while she kissed him back, "Daryl," she said, pulling back abruptly. "Wha'?" he asked gruffly. "I'm glad you're safe," she whispered to him, crushing her lips to his dry ones. "Should we go inside?" he asked cheekily. Beth and Daryl broke apart, noticing they were still outside for everyone to see and walked side-by-side.

Daryl pushed Beth against the wall softly as she kissed her lips and tugged on his hair. She gasped against his lips as he ran his hands up and down her sides. "Daryl," she whispered, kissing his lips, tugging on his hair roughly.

"Daryl?" Rick called, knocking on the closed door. Daryl lifted Beth down and she sighed in disappointment as he kissed her again.

There was another lot of knocking, "Daryl?" Rick said frustrated. Daryl looked at Beth, kissed her and opened the door just enough so Rick could see him.

Beth hid in the corner, listening to the conversation quietly.

"I was wondering if you want to go on a run soon. Glenn's going too, anyway... Have you seen Beth? I was going to ask if she wanted to come, she really proved herself today," Rick asked. "Nuh," Daryl replied, "Check with Hershel or Maggie, I ain't seen her."  There was a brief silence broken by Rick, "I know what's going on between you two, I saw you in the yard." Daryl scoffed, "So?"

"I'm not going to tell Hershel or anyone else, but she's young and vulnerable and I can tell she likes you... a lot, but I don't think you guys should continue this relationship or whatever you want to call it. She's only seventeen, Daryl."

Daryl shrugged, "I don' know what yu' talking 'bout."

"If you see Beth tell her I want her," Rick said, before leaving. Daryl turned to look at Beth in the harsh lighting and grinned, "Grimes lookin' for yu'."

THANKS FOR ALL THE COMMENTS, VOTES AND READS. OVER 100 READS GUYS, THAT'S AMAZING! MEANS SO MUCH, IF I COULD HUG ALL OF YOU I WOULD!