13. Kilig

Kilig - butterflies in ones stomach, romantic excitement.

As I knocked on the front door of Lex's house, I was surprised to find it be immediately opened by Lex himself. He tilted his head and smiled.

"Ah! You!" he greeted me in a more high pitched tone of voice. He coughed. "Penny..." he stepped aside. "Please come in." he spoke quietly, now licking his lips. I nodded slowly then walked in. He closed the door quickly and turned towards me as I turned towards him. I smiled.

"I kinda...just wanted to check up on you..." I laughed as he smiled in the slightest. I had never seen him like this. Powerless. Nervous. He always acted as if he had everything under control. Yet now he seemed as if control was the last thing he had. Yet, he smirked.

"F-For what reason? I-I'm fine..." he asked the question while trying to reassure me, scratching his neck. I shrugged.

"You haven't been at work. You usually show up even if you don't need to..." he was now the one shrugging.

"There's no problem with me staying home now is there?" I shook my head.

"That's not my point. It feels like you've...disappeared." he walked closer towards me.

"Oh?" he laughed as he now spoke in a whisper. He was now running away from his nerves, I could see it plain on his face. He was trying his best to stay away from how he actually felt. Trying his best to hide something from me. I could see it in his eyes.

"You're afraid. Terrified. I don't know what, but it's something." I watched him as he inhaled deeply though his nose. He leaned in close to me.

"And are you going to try to find out just what I'm hiding?" he bit his lip and leaned in even closer. "Are you going to--" he gasped slightly as I put my hand on his chest, stopping him from coming any closer.

"It's me. You're afraid of me...aren't you? You're afraid of what this could be...Why is that huh?" I laughed a little. I had figured him out. "You like me and it's getting to you. You're nervous...avoiding me..." I laughed again. 

"Penny please--"

"Call me by my first name if you could. Yet you can't because I think you'd like calling me by my first name too much. Call me by my first name. I dare you."

"Emily." he then used his hands to cup both of my cheeks before he kissed me.