6. Amnesty

Amnesty - an official pardon.

" BREAKING NEWS, SUPERMAN APPEARS AT CITY HALL JUST TO SEE THERE HAS BEEN AN EXPLOSION WITH WHAT SO FAR LOOKS LIKE NO SURIVORS FROM THE INSIDE-- " The news reporter continued to ramble through the television.

" Turn that off! " a man yelled at the tv as the other people around him obeyed. I sighed.

I quickly walked around LexCorp. I had just gotten off the subway, and I was now looking around for answers about what happened. My worse fear was what had happened to Lex, Mercy, and all of the innocents inside of that building. I was shocked when I found Lex.

" Ah! Penny! What are you doing here? "

" How are you alive? Weren't you just in city hall? " he shrugged.

" I got lucky. " as he tried to walk away, I followed him.

" How...H-how do you mean you got lucky? Where's Mercy? "

" I no longer felt like putting up a fight was necessary to my case, so I quietly left just five minutes before the bombing. I don't know what happened to Mercy. " he stopped at turned to me. " Like God's miracle right? " I licked my lips and kept my eyes stern.

" Mercy is most likely dead. Along with thousands of innocent people. Don't you care about that? " he looked at me closely.

" Well of course. It's a lost opportunity...Very unfortunate. What's also unfortunate is that at this time, you've missed your flight to New York. That's also troubling...Tell me, why aren't you more worried about your job than you are of a woman that you've known for less than a week's sake? " I sighed.

" Because. Job or not, Mercy did not deserve to die. I had figured that out in time I knew her. Tell me, you've known her for much more time than me. Why am I the only one worried? " he smirked.

" I like the way you think. Come by my place later. I may answer more questions. " as he walked away once again, I this time I didn't follow. I then called for him.

" I don't have your address! "

" I'll text it to you! " he added, looking back and smiling. I sighed again. It didn't seem very professional, and it didn't in the slightest seem like the right choice. But I was curious enough to walk the line of danger despite that. I walked straight to my office. I was confused, determined, and hopeless. All at once.