10. Elysian

Elysian - relating to, or having the characteristic of heaven or paradise.

My fist shook in fear as I extended it towards the door. I then eventually forced myself to knock. I was standing on the front door step of Lex Luthor, nervous and unsure of how I could possibly let myself listen to him.

A few moments later a man ( whom I assumed as a butler ) opened the door. He stepped aside. "Penny Cosnette, Mr Luthor will be out shortly. Please, come in. " I nodded slightly and stepped inside the house. I inhaled and exhaled slowly, looking up at the ceiling in the slightest.

"Ah, Penny. Lovely to see you." as Lex walked into the living room from the hallway, he gently grabbed onto my hand and kissed the back of it.

"Lex...It's nice to see you..." he smiled at me. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and began to walk me down the hallway.

"Tell me Penny, what's first? Dancing? Or dinner?" I looked at him confused .

"Is this a date?"

"Well, what did you assume it was?" he asked, turning and standing in front of me. I was speechless for a few moments until I spoke again.

"...I just want to know if it's a date or not..." he smirked and took another step towards me.

"What do you think?" I shrugged slowly. I was determined to not be intimidated by him. He chuckled.

"Well then. I guess we'll have to wait and see... " he began to walk again. He lead me into a large ballroom where I assumed most of his house parties were primarily held. I had heard all about those parties before, how he'd give speeches then overly encourage others to drink. I had only gone to one of them but I wasn't there for very long. It seemed like fun and games yet I wasn't sure how fun it actually was. I wasn't one to go to house parties.

I seemed to lost myself in my thoughts as when he stopped and stared at me, it took me a while to notice. "I think we'll dance first." classical music began to play at the snap of his fingers. He chuckled as he then slid his hand from my shoulder to my hand. He cleared his throat and stood up straight. I batted my eyes several times and attempted to clear my throat also, trying my best to get in position for dancing. He began to lead me.

"You know my lucky Penny, it's interesting seeing you do something you haven't done before..." he smirked as I laughed a little.

"Who told you I've never danced like this before?" he raised his eyebrows. "I mean I could have before and have just forgotten how..."

"...You've never danced with anyone like this before. Don't deny it."

"Okay you're right." we both laughed slightly as he then twirled me around slowly. I smiled at him as he then pulled me back in.

"I wouldn't be too worried. You're a quick learner. Funny enough I learned that the hard way..." he reassured as he lead me again. I thought to myself, then spoke again.

"What do you really want out of this?" he looked at me and tilted his head.

"Well. What do you want out of this?" he asked me as he tightened his grip on me.

"I'm...not sure...I asked you first."

"Well Penny...here's the thing." he twirled me again, yet this time lowered my body to the ground as he pulled me back in. My breath hitched in my throat slightly. "I see you and I, as Gods among men. Man made Gods...Gods that fell from the sky a time ago." he then slowly leaned in closer towards me. "You being Aphrodite, me being Ares. The goddess of love, and the god of war. "

His face was now centimeters away from mine. "Everyone knows that Ares and Aphrodite had an affair..."