17. Kalospia

Kalospia - the act of seeing something to be more beautiful than it really is.

"Luthor. He wanted your life for hers. She's losing time." Superman told him, Lois and I also helping Superman stand.

"The scout ship is drawing power from the city. It's gotta be Lex." Lois added.

"They need you at that ship. I'll...find her. "

"More like we'll. I brought extra help..." I blushed as I could tell Lois was referring to me. The three of them turned to me.

"Who the hell are you?" as he spoke his microphone malfunctioned, his voice cracking and sounding strange. I slowly extended my trembling hand towards him.

"Emily P-Penny Cosnette. It's my honor, sir..." the man nodded. He shook my hand.

" What are you doing here. And how do you plan to help us?"

" Lois...wanted me here. She thinks I can help with her case on Lex Luthor... "

"She has advanced training in hacking, coding, and she...Used to work for LexCorp. She has an inside eye on Lex. She will be able to find Martha faster, guaranteed." The three of them looked at me again. I nodded. I was surprised by how much she knew about me.

"My mother needs me." Superman spoke sternly as he tried to push past us. Batman then stopped him.

"Hey. I'll make you a promise. Martha won't die tonight." Superman paused for a few moments before nodding a little. I watched as Lois then put her hands on Superman's cheeks and stared into his eyes. They were obviously what you could call a 'thing' from what I had seen.

"What do I do now?" I asked her as she looked at me.

"I--"

"You come with me. I'll drop you off at the Batcave and allow you to assist Alfred in finding Martha. You clearly seem like the appropriate apprentice." Batman interrupted. I nodded and walked with him. Lois and I exchanged nods before I walked away with Batman. Superman, flying away.

...

Lex's Perspective

I growled quietly to myself, throwing my phone on the ground as she hadn't answered for the tenth time. I went to my computer and quickly began to search for her through the cameras placed around the streets. I searched for her body heat frantically.

I had to know where she was. If I didn't know where she was, she would be lost. If she was lost, she'd be taken. I was angry despite most of this going my way. I had captured Martha, gotten Superman into a place of having to kill The Bat, and I had began the final process of bringing my demon to back to life. I had everything under control except for her. I noticed that this was becoming a trend right before I luckily found her.

She was near where I had assumed the fight between the bat and the god had taken place. Even if she didn't know what was going on, she was too close for comfort. Too close to the fight to be safe. I couldn't have that but as I thought over my options I realized there was nothing I could do.

I gritted my teeth. I had no way to contact her. No way to stop her. No way to guard her, no way to protect her. I scoffed again and walked away from the computer. I stared at the demon inside of this place. I bit my lip a little. "This will all be fine soon...the fake god will be dead, and the real goddess will be in my arms." I spoke to myself over and over again. I ran my hands through my hair. "Don't worry Penny, don't worry..." I laughed. "I know just where you are. I won't let you out of my sight."

I then pressed my index finger on the screen and on the spot where she was located. I shook my head slowly. "You just got lost. That's all..." I smirked. "Luckily, I think I know just how to find you."