|5| Satisfaction Brought It Back

I can't just not do anything while I stay here, it'll just drive me insane. The last conversation I had with Dr. Hark didn't help either. If anything it made me want to just stay in my room. Sigh, I Dial up Rei for the hundredth time. I bet he is enjoying this break. Maybe he'll answer if the receptionist calls. just as I get out of bed the doctor,whose name I couldn't care to remember, enters.

         "Okay, it's been nearly a whole day you've been in bed. Remember we don't want to get your body used to long periods of rest, and it is going to disrupt the study with irregular activity."

          "What's outside this room that'll interest me?"

           "Well what do you find interesting?" The doctor sighs and places his hands inside his white jacket pockets, "You tried to explore this ward. We have some intriguing things in this ward alone."

      I don't reply. I just opt for staring at him, after a minute of doing so he seems to get the hint that this conversation is over. We say our formal goodbyes and once he's gone I push myself off the edge of the bed.

      I am not going to 'explore' do I look like Dora to him?

....

     I hate this hospital. I hate these walls. I hate Rei for bringing me in this hellhole with the changing halls, and these stupid black curtains-

             "Are you lost again?"

            "Huh?No-" I look up quickly, "I can't remember exactly where I was walking to," I admit.

    I sit against the wall and lean my head back, I'm actually starting to like those black curtains the more I look at them they stand out from the white and pastel colors.

           "Who are you?" The voice ask.

     I can't help but feel like that's what I should be asking.

             "I'm surprised that you don't know," I murmur.

         My eyes widen in realization . The voice never made a squeal of recognition or something else like that.I can't believe I'm having a conversation with someone who hasn't asked for a picture or an autograph once. Though it could be faking, the voice could've secretly stalked me or is just pretending not to know who I am.

              "I'm actually more interested in knowing who you are," I counter.

                "Why?"

                "Well you've helped me out since I got here and I have yet to see your face.

                "So?"

               "You're stubborn."

     Silence. It last forever, and all too soon I miss hearing her voice. Maybe I shouldn't have said that... Wait why am I being so cautious? I don't even know her, and she could be a liar. Yet for some reason I'm worried she will stop helping me, and talking to me. It's rare in my line of work to have a conversation with someone that you've never met and doesn't know who you are.

          "You should go back to your room..."

          "No I don't want to, not yet, I actually want to keep talking to you."

           "Huh? You shouldn't be willing to speak to strangers; why do you want to talk to me anyway?"

            "I don't know, but I know I want to, at least for a little while."

            "You have five minutes, and I won't reply after that."

     What? Five minuets, what can I learn about her in five minutes. I want so desperately to ask her a question about her and why she doesn't know who I am, but its clear she doesn't want to talk about herself.

      Within five minuets stops our easy flow of conversation. My stomach turns at the thought of finding my room

             "Go eat, before your food gets cold. Walk straight while counting to sixty, then turn right. You should see a blue door at the end of that long hall- that's your door bud."

       I recite her directions like lyrics, her voice ringing in my head. What did she mean by go eat? By the time I get to my room its three after twelve. One of the guards immediately reached for his phone, most likely to inform aero or my father that I didn't go missing. I walk further into my room to find a tray of food is waiting for me over my bed.

          I stare at it baffled. How?

...

        "Hm, Luka you seem different," Rei says.

        "How so?"

         "I don't know, but I'm glad to see you're looking better. You have more color to you."

            "Good so I'm leaving..."

              "No."

   Once Rei leaves I casually walk towards the black curtains. I halt halfway down the hall in shock. The curtains-they're open. Peering through the large glass window I see so many items, but not a sole in sight.

      Where'd she go?

VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE