|3| Young and The restless

Out of all the things I could be doing right now I find myself walking into the hospital with a mob of relentless fans screaming my name. Begging me for just a moment. I am just one man. I guess they don't see me like that, to them I am a dream, their perfect prince charming. Not one person in my twelve years in this industry has ever asked how I am doing mentally- they just assume. That's all anyone ever does nowadays, they assume they know a person based on media outlets, blogs, and pictures. A man can't have a nice night out without being called a party animal, and a woman can't expose too much of her skin without it being called scandalous.

"Luka head up, " Rei instructs from behind me, "Paparazzi."

"Maybe I don't want to be seen Rei," I sigh out my retort as we enter the facility.

I immediately sense that my time here might be as horrible as I predicted. I look up and feel claustrophobic at how vast the inside is. Rei taps my shoulder and points towards the elevator where some of my guards have already entered. I have a pretty big security detail seeing as though my last time in Chicago I was shot at, one of my previous four guards was shot while covering me. As if my life is any more important than his. He will never walk again, never carry his daughter-toss her in the air. I place my glasses back on when we reach the elevator. The last thing I need is one of my parents' handpicked guards seeing me like this. I know it may sound selfish but I try not to think of him much, I always feel so guilty- like I should have taken that bullet. The only thing I can do is pay for his medical cost and make sure that his family is taken care of.

"Try to think of this as a vacation," Rei sighs.

"Oh, really a vacation? Do you still expect me to write on this vacation?"

Rei peers at me through his glasses as if trying to read me. I hold his stare and he shakes his hand and looks back down at his tablet, "Yes Luka, I still expect you write what comes to you."

        I plop down on the hard hospital bed and groan at this feeling

I plop down on the hard hospital bed and groan at this feeling. I could have stayed home if I needed rest so bad. My brother does have a house here on the outskirts of Chicago that he comes to about twice a year, plus he is an engineer. His house would've been magnificent.

"Luka your doctor will be here shortly, seeing as though this is a learning hospital he will be coming with his residents. I must inform you that you do have the right to dec-,"

"Rei how is a doctor supposed to gain experience being a doctor if people don't allow them to learn? hmm, I don't care if his residents come just no fans, and don't try to get me to take a picture with them. The answer is hell no, I am here because I'm exhausted not for a meet and greet."