|3| Young and The restless

Start from the beginning

"Stop frowning you'll cause wrinkles and cosmetic surgery," Rei says sliding his glasses onto his nose further.

"F-"

A knock on the door cuts my sentence short.

"Let the doctors through," Rei orders.

"That's some detail you have Mr. Abani. I am Dr. Matthew, and these are my residents Dr. Chu, and Dr. Jones. It's to my understanding that you have been admitted here due to fatigue?"

"It seems," I reply taking off my glasses, "How long will I be required to stay here?"

"We are going to monitor your sleeping and within seventy-two hours you should be free to go."

"What if I sleep all day?"

"That would raise some concern."

"What if I sleep for eight hours?"

"The requirement for sleep for a grown adult is about eight hours of sleep a day. You could break that up to four hours, but seeing as though most adults in your line of work don't nap I would not want to get your body used to a nap at least once a day. Just relax, and sleep as you usually would, the first night is just observation. To monitor your sleep we will just track your heart rate through a patch if you want to wander around you are free to just carry the bag the nurse will give you with you because it has the monitor in the bag."

"I understand, Thank you, Doctor."

"May I speak with you outside?" Rei asks before leading the way to the door.

I can't help but roll my eyes at the request. He acts as if he can't trust anyone, and I am sure that's just my parents doing. They are like that with all of us. My mother worries even with all of us being at least twenty-two and older she can't seem to shake the worry that we will die before her. Heh, it sounds morbid but she already has her death planned and she doesn't want anyone one of us to die before her or her plans will be ruined. My father is a lovesick businessman who sees no harm in pre-planning. Though I am not sure he was ever around when she talked to the three of us about her plans.

I shrug off the thought and walk around the "luxuries" hospital room. I can't lie it's nice, but for someone who only plans to stay for as little time as possible I don't know why I would need a couch and this big of TV, I don't even watch TV. I don't think we had time growing up to become attached to this stupid box, we were too busy causing havoc at our estate.

"Stop glaring at the Television," Rei orders upon entering the room, "you do it to every TV you come across."

"You glare at me all the time," I scuff.

Rei clears his throat and looks around. Sigh, I don't want to be here right now. Don't they know forcing me to come here only makes this harder on me and raises my stress knowing that I could be doing a thousand other things like recording, or rehearsing?

"Wae naega budongsan-eseo swiji moshae?"

"Eomeoniga geogjeonghagessseubnikka? dangsin-i saeng-gaghaneun geos-edo bulguhago. uliga geogjeonghagi ttaemun-e dangsin-ui abeojiwa naneun igeos-eulhago issseubnida. naneun dangsin-i jigjeob ilhaneun yang-eulbogo, dangsin-i jago issji anhdaneun geos-eul algo issseubnida. dangsin-i uliwa iyagihaji anhgi ttaemun-e igeos-i yuilhan seontaeg-ibnida."

"Geuneun jigeum singyeong sseunayo?"

"Please get some rest, Luka."

Without another glance Rei walks out the door, I look around my room and dismiss the four men standing inside. I hate when Rei brings Father into things as if that should make me care. I love my parents, well my mother mostly. I am the youngest out of my siblings and I was showered with love and affection. They often were harder in other areas like self-defense and studies- seeing though I was the smallest. The didn't want me to not focus on what's important. They also accepted that I didn't want to take a traditional path and accepted the fact that I was passionate about other things like music and dance. My father did not, despite becoming famous he still had me study business while finishing up university.

Rei knows all of these things, and yet he throws Father around as if it is nothing. My sister was most likely who expressed concern to Father and he just gave the responsibility to Rei. I will call her tomorrow about butting into my business- again.

I lay back on the bed and stare out the window. The sun looks as though it's about to set in a few hours. I hope there are some interesting people in this ward, or that at least the nurse is cute.