Chapter 13

A/N: Hey guys. I'm so angry that Wattpad deleted my only other book... and it was doing so well... I'm not sure if I will be rewriting it... What do think?

Guys, please please comment. Just a ':)' is enough!!! PWEASE!!!

Anyway, ENJOY!!

**~~#~~**

*Harry's POV*

I gave up. Leaning against a pillar, I watched a girl and a boy accept Prom King and Queen crowns. What the girl onstage, Renee, said next put a smile on my face. A class was going to sing onstage because of that video! Then I'll definitely get to see her. But just then, Renee announced another award.

The Singer.

Apparently, this was given to the best singer and he or she was supposed to sing with the school band onstage. The Singer was chosen by popularity and talent. It was obviously very important to the students. I could see them nervous and excited. When the name was announced, a familiar girl went up.

Melanie Leknie.

Now where had I heard that name before? Then it hit me.

She sang along with Diana in the video and chatted with Diana online often. In short, a close friend. I was really pumped up. I could get to Diana soon!

"...The real Singer here is.... Diana Morgan!"

I froze. Diana. A very familiar black-haired girl went up. My heart pounded furiously. This was the girl that Zayn wanted. This was the girl I wanted.

And we were going to meet again. Just that this time, I'm Harry Styles and not some random guy in the bar.

I gritted my teeth in frustration as I observed the large crowd swarming the whole field. Damn it.

"Mel, are you-" Her voice asked uncertainly. The students were all silent. Not a word was spoken.

"Yes. Di, you have an amazing voice and I know you want this. Just because you're not popular, doesn't mean your voice cannot be heard. Yes, I wanted this so badly, but I know you want this more badly. For me, please accept this," Melanie spoke confidently, her voice unwavering. I stared up at the two girls, wishing for Diana to take it. I wanted to hear her sing. She stared at the crowd and Melanie for a long time. I was getting impatient and I could tell the other people were too.

So I risked being recognized and shouted, "TAKE IT!" People turned left and right. I repeated my cry. Suddenly, somebody else shouted it from nearer to the stage. Many took up the cry and before we knew it, we were chanting.

"TAKE IT! TAKE IT! TAKE IT!"

Melanie grinned and joined in. The band members did. Renee clapped along to her chanting. Diana looked around, stunned. When our voices reached crescendo, she quickly gave in.

"Okay! I'll take it! Thank you!"

I hooted and cheered along with everyone else.

"Very well. Melanie, please step off the stage. Thank you so much for giving up this opportunity to Diana. To show our appreciation, you will be singing onstage later. Now, Ms. Morgan, we invite you to sing any song you prefer with the school band's music," Renee spoke again. Melanie grinned, congratulated Diana and graciously let Diana take her spot. Renee stepped off the stage as well. Diana stood there undecidedly. Then, she turned to the band members and made her plans.

"I wonder what song she's gonna sing...." I heard a girl next to me speak. I turned and smiled at her. Big mistake.

"A-are you Harry Styles?!?!" She gasped out. Others turned to stare.

Oh, shit.