Chapter 1

*Diana's POV*

It hurt.

It hurt to know that they wanted me to feel miserable. Why couldn't they just leave me alone? But then again, every high school has a group of slutty gorgeous girls who hate your guts. My personal demons of school are Celina Rockwell and her sidekicks, Rose Panello and Fion Aeris. Celina had silky blond hair, blue eyes, tanned skin and all the curves in the right places. A typical hot cheerleader. Rose had a slimmer frame, brown hair, dull black eyes and slightly tanned skin. Fion was a little plump with red hair, bright green eyes and a normal skin tone.

Today, I was cornered by them in the girl's restroom. The stalls were empty and everyone was in the cafeteria, having lunch.

"So, what are you wearing to prom, Diana? Oh, wait. You're not going, are you?" Celina mocked me as Rose and Fion laughed at me.

"What are you talking about?" I asked through gritted teeth.

"Oh, it's nothing, sweetheart. Just stay away from the dance or I'll tell the whole school that you fancy Josh Renald," she replied in a obviously fake sugary voice. While I nodded absentmindedly, my mind was elsewhere. I had a crush on Josh since I first saw him. Sadly, Celina had found out. Now she held it over me and she was with him just to agitate me. Not that I cared. I was over him a long time ago but the school would only believe Celina's words.

"Good. Now, see you," Celina grinned and walked away with Rose and Fion trailing after her. I sighed. Looking over at the mirrors, I caught sight of my reflection. I had ivory skin, large chocolatey eyes fringed with naturally curled lashes and ebony hair that looked exactly like it was permed when it wasn't. A gift from my mom. I sighed again and left. As I entered my classroom, I hear Melanie Leknie and her friends singing 'Best Song Ever' by One Direction. Melanie and the others were nice to me as I was to them. Melanie and I connected through our love for fashion and singing. Although I rarely sing infront of others, she and her friends openly sing together when they feel like it. They're like a walking choir. Also, they have okay voices.

"ONE DIRECTION!!! EEP!!!" Amber Leonerd squealed, jumping up and down. She simply adored the band. I liked some of their music only at first. I came to know them through Melanie, Amber and some others. Slowly, I loved every song. Then I fell in love with them without even hearing them talk. I'm not usually that open towards new music at all.

It was a miracle.

As Amber screeched, I wondered about my ambition. I wanted to become a popular singer. Then, I could do fashion as a side-line. It seemed so far away, yet so close.

"Hey, Di! Got a dress for prom yet? I'm so looking forward to the selection of The Singer!" Melanie exclaimed. My stomach dropped. I had totally forgotten! At prom, a student is selected to be The Singer. It's honestly a privilege as she or he sings infront of everyone. Only the best singer is selected. I really wanted to be The Singer and I couldn't just give up the opportunity.

Never mind Josh, I am going to prom.

"Nope! I'm buying it tomorrow, after school," I replied to Melanie.

"I already bought mine. You better go shopping soon. The dance is the day after tomorrow, right?" she asked.

"Yes. I'm so pumped for it!" I exclaimed.

"No, you're not! Hello? You're not even going!" A nasal voice reminded me. I turned and lo behold! The three idiots!

"Do you WANT to be laughed at?" Celina muttered under her breath.

"Oh, please. Allow me," I said smirking. I knew what I was going to do was just plain crazy but I really needed to know if I was The Singer.

"Presenting...the three losers of Red Gate High School!" I cheered and poured the juice from my water bottle straight onto her perfect bouncy blond curls.

"Do you want some more?" I asked innocently, batting my eyelashes. The class erupted into laughter. Even Rose and Fion began to giggle but where silenced by the look on Celina's face.

In the midst of that, I screamed, "HEYO! I HAD A CRUSH ON JOSH RENALD! NOW IT'S GONE 'CAUSE OF HIS GIRLFRIEND'S HAIR!" Just as I thought, everyone believed I was just joking to insult Celina and laughed harder. Celina gaped at me and I smirked at her.

"You've got nothing to hold over me now. If you ever mention me having a crush on Josh, pathetic little you will only be laughed at, SWEETHEART," I sassed her. Her skin an ugly blotchy red due to anger, Celina stalked out with Rose and Fion faithfully trailing behind her.

"Dance all night, to the BEST SONG EVER! We knew every line, now I can't remember..." Melanie sang on. The whole class joined in. I couldn't help but smile when we repeated the song over again.

"Maybe it's the way she walks..." I sang along as the Mrs. Roberts burst in.

"Sorry I am late for music class-" she stopped when she realized we were singing together in perfect harmony. I watched as she smiled and sat down, recording everything on her phone. I knew it would turn up on YouTube, but at that moment, I couldn't care less. We were perfect.

A miracle.