Chapter 16

We were walking up the dark hill, the city lights and the bright stars allowing us to just see. I took hold of his hand, a small blush forming on his cheeks.

“Y-You’re holding my hand?”
I nodded, “You deserve it Bieber.”

He smiled, giving my hand a squeeze. He really liked me and I was questioning whether I was starting to like him too. But I couldn’t, I wasn’t allowed...

“Did you think about whether or not you’re keeping the baby?” Justin asked me.
I looked down at our hands connecting, running over tonight’s events. He was trust worthy, he liked me and I knew he wouldn’t leave me. Maybe I could do this, even if I wasn’t in a relationship with him...

“I’m going to keep it.”

He spun me around to face him, taking hold of both my hands. His face excited and surprised as his eyes looked deep into mine. Once again like every other time I was lost in them and his face inched closer to mine. His lips looked so soft, I couldn’t remember the taste...the feel...

Was it wrong to have not pulled away? I didn’t want to lead him on, but I couldn’t escape as I took in the scent of his minty breath. A frown fell on his lips and he moved back from me, my heart aching as he did so.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to do that...” He sounded upset with himself.

I smirked and cupped his cheek with my hand, his eyes widening at my actions. With one quick movement my lips collided with his, sending us into complete and utter bliss. The kiss lasted only a few seconds, but it felt like ages. I was lost in my own world, enjoying the taste and feel of his soft lips. I pulled back, his face surprised but a grin from ear to ear spreading across his face.

“You kissed me?” He spoke, still in shock from the unexpected kiss.
“Like I said, you deserved it Bieber.” I winked and continued to walk towards the car, leaving him standing there.

I heard him run behind, catching up to me and spinning me around by the shoulder. I raised my eyebrow, waiting to hear what he wanted. He couldn’t stop smiling though, making it hard for him to stay serious.

“Can I ask why?”
“I said; you deserve it bie-”
He shook his head, placing his index finger on my lips to make me stop talking. “What’s the real reason?”
I took a deep breath, “I don’t know. I just felt like I wanted to kiss you...It doesn’t really change anything... I still won’t allow myself to go out with you.”
“Sasha, you know you can trust me. I’d never hurt you like those other boys did.”

My heart raced at his words, my body becoming numb. No matter how much I was beginning to like him and how much I wanted to trust him, I couldn’t. Not right now anyway, my trust issues were still there.

I shook my head, “I do trust you more than anyone else now, Justin. It’s just... not enough for me to be in a relationship with anyone...”
“I’m not just anyone...” He whispered to me.
“I know,” I bit my lip. “But I still can’t date you.”

What about in the future?” He asked.
“The future is different, who knows what it will bring”
His face was now filled with a smirk, “Okay, let’s get you home.”

***

My cheeks burned as a deep blush made my cheeks go rosy red. I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear and continued walking down the school corridor away from Justin. He had just winked at me on my way past from his locker. I wasn’t sure if anyone had seen it or not but I had tried my best not to show too much emotion. It was going too well for me, having red cheeks and all.

“Sasha!” A familiar voice yelled out.
I turned around, facing Ally. “Ally? Hey...”
She still had that same expression on her face from the other day when she looked at me. She had probably felt really bad all weekend. I sighed and went to forgive her before she interrupted me, beginning her apology.

“I am so sorry, I should have told you but th-” Her voice faded as her eyes slowly moved down to the ring on my finger. He hands covered her face, letting out a small squeal.
“Is that what I think it is?” She squeaked.
I put my finger over my lips, signalling for her to be quiet before nodding.

“Yes, it’s a promise ring.”
“Are you going out with him?”
I shook my head, “no.”
“Why the hell not?” She pretty much screamed, at least fifteen people looking over now.

I gritted my teeth, “I need to get to class. Bye.”
“Sorry for yelling, I just-”
“Whatever, I don’t feel like talking.”

I didn’t mean to be rude but she was making a scene. The last thing I wanted was for me and Justin hanging out to become the top news of the school. Besides, lately it’s been like she hasn’t understood me at all or been there for me...

It’s Justin, just Justin.

I’d apologise later but right now I had to get to English class. I walked quickly through the corridor, making sure I was early to class like usual. I passed a few familiar faces, smiling and giving a little wave when they did. I stepped into the classroom, smirking when I realised for once Justin had beaten me to class and was sitting in my seat. His feet were kicked up onto the desk, leaning back on his chair.

I giggled and walked over, standing in front of his desk, looking down at him.
“Can I help you?” He asked, raising his eyebrow.
“You’re in my seat.” I giggled.
“This seems strangely familiar.” He smirked.
I nodded, “My first day of being different...”
“And the first day I realised I liked you...” He said, no longer smiling.

The way he said it, showed his expression clearly. His eyes sparkled, staring deeply into mine. I looked away, not wanting to be hypnotized in front of all the people entering the classroom. I didn’t want anyone getting suspicious, especially now that I’m pregnant.

I blushed not saying a word and he got up, moving seats so I could sit in my regular spot.

“You didn’t have to move I was only kidding.”
“I’d do anything for you.”

I blushed; once again, my cheeks could almost be a permanent dark shade of pink. The thing is, he wasn’t just saying it... I believed he literally would do anything for me.