Chapter 12

*Justin*

I sat forward, my eyes glued on the television. I was on my best kill streak ever and wasn’t going to let anyone ruin it. I let out a little scream as I got another kill, setting my kill streak even higher.

“Headshot. Boom!”

My phone rang from the spot beside the couch; I looked at the screen of it quickly before looking back at my game. The phone had said; ‘Sasha.’ Do I pick it up or continue the game? I let it ring out, making sure I didn’t lose my kill streak. I then heard my voicemail, all my attention now on the sound of her perfect voice.

“The doctor just called, are you coming with me to get the results? Well, you’re not answering so I’ll go myself. I don’t mind.”

I dropped the Xbox controller to the ground, hearing it hit the floor with a thud. I grabbed my phone and without bothering to turn off the television or Xbox, I ran out the door. I couldn’t let her go alone, it was my problem too. I needed to be there with her...for her. I jumped into my car and started the engine, driving as fast as possible towards Sasha’s. I hope she hadn’t left yet, I wanted to drive her...

*Sasha*

I thought he cared about this. I knew this was a bad idea. Becoming friends with a guy was just as bad as going out with one. Well for me it was. He seemed to be making my trust issues even worse. I held back the tears and turned onto the pathway, my fringed bag hanging over my shoulder. I had already told my mum I was going for a ‘walk’ by myself and would be home later. I felt so unoriginal wearing my black vans and ray band sunglasses. My stomach showing in a mid-drift top and detailed ripped jean shorts. I felt different today; I wasn’t wearing my normal clothes. I felt like I was just stuck in the crowd, just another girl copying everyone else. I wasn’t like that...I wasn’t being myself.

I heard the familiar sound of a range rover pulling up behind me on the road. I turned my head slowly, my eyes widening as Justin jumped out of the car. He does care! Wait...was I happy to see him? Happy that he cared? Who was I kidding; of course I was happy he kept his promise. I needed a friend right now dealing with this situation, especially one who is in it with me.

“Justin, you’re coming?” I asked, a smile growing on my face.
He smiled, “I’m sorry I was playing call of duty and I missed your call...I came as soon as I heard the voicemail!”

I rolled my eyes. Why was call of duty always more important than girls?

“Are you going to just stand there or get in?” Justin asked, smirking as he raised his eyebrow.
“Get in.” I replied, walking towards his car.

I slid into the seat and Justin closed my door for me, once again being a gentleman. He seemed different with me outside of school. In school he looks like a big player, all of the girls eyes all over him. He hopped in on the driver’s side and started up the engine.

“Justin...you’d never hurt me right? As my friend?” I asked quietly, my mind speaking for me.

He looked at me for a moment before letting his eyes move back to the road. He didn’t reply quickly, just focused ahead. Did this mean he couldn’t answer yes? So he was going to hurt me? The car slowed and we pulled into a parking space, nowhere near the doctor’s. My attention went back to him when I felt his eyes back on me.

“Sasha, I’m not like that with you. I couldn’t bare even the thought of hurting you. I’m here for you, anytime. Don’t think of me as a player who wants to get in your pants. I’m your friend, someone you can trust. Don’t let your trust issues get in the way.”

My heart raced. His husky Canadian accent filling my ears with his sweet words, making me melt. Did he really mean all this? I blushed, not hiding my face. If he could be so honest with me, I could at least show my bright red cheeks. He smiled, his eyes looking at my cheeks, licking his lips. He was so sexy...

Okay, you can stop now Sasha.

“Thanks Justin, that really means a lot.” I told him, breaking the silence.
“That’s okay Shawty, it’s only the truth.”

***

I felt Justin’s hand brush against mine as we walked towards the front door of the doctors. I was nervous so I allowed his request, taking his hand in mine. He gave it a squeeze, telling me everything was going to be okay. I believed him, the feeling of his hand in mine making me feel less nervous.

I didn’t think I was pregnant. I hadn’t had any obvious signs really; then again it’s only been a week. I let go of Justin’s hand as he opened the door, letting me walk in first. He followed behind me to the counter where I leaned over, looking for the receptionist. She appeared after a few moments, a small smile displaying on her face.

She was middle aged, lines crinkled across her forehead. She had dark bags underneath her eyes, and curly blonde hair that framed her face. She looked around fifty, and looked like a stressed, tired woman.

“Hey, what can I help you with?” She asked in a friendly voice.
“I’m here to pick up some pregnancy results.” I replied.
“Name?”
“Sasha Skies.” I replied almost immediately. 

She gave a small smile before turning her back and looking through files in the cupboard. She scanned with her fingers, making them walk across the folders, flipping through with ease. She made a quiet remark as she came across my folder, pulling it out with a single movement. She walked back over to join me at the desk and opened it up.

“Here we go...” She slid a piece of paper towards me.
“Thank you.” I told her, folding the piece of paper in my hands.
“Have a nice day.”

We both walked out the door, heading back towards Justin’s black range rover.

“Why haven’t you checked yet?” Justin asked as I pryed open the door.
“I want to read it somewhere peaceful, together.” I told him, shutting the door between us.

I sat patiently as he walked around to hop in his side. I held the piece of paper in my hand tightly, butterflies forming in my stomach. Justin turned to me and asked me where I wanted to go. There was only one place on my mind that sparked my interest.

“The hill.”

---------------------

Thank you for reading my story so far, means a lot! If you like it don't be afraid to leave a comment and vote. (: 
xoxox