Chapter 11

3 weeks later

Lana and I have finished moving into our new apartment in Orlando Florida. She's so excited to be here. I on the other hand am not. I've been really nervous and my depression is acting up. I try not to show it around Lana but she knows something is wrong with me.

Today we have to go to a meeting and evaluation at the performance center. My dad is going to be there talking to all the new NXT people. Then he will see how good we are in the ring. Then we get a gimmick and trainer to work with until we make our NXT debuts. I'm not looking forward to any of it. Ok maybe just the showing off in the ring part because I want dad to see how good I've gotten.

We drive in Lana's car to the performance center. We go in and go to where to the others are. Dad starts talking and telling us about what NXT and WWE is all about. I know all this already and have heard it all before. Once that's over we go to the rings. A few people go ahead of me and they are pretty good. Then it's my turn and I show off for my dad to see. But all he says is very good Cora and he doesn't look to impressed. I sigh and get out of the ring. I know I told him to treat me like everyone else but I want more then that from him. I wanted him to be impressed with me. I'm his kid after all. I feel tears fill my eyes and try to hide them as I see Lana doing her try out.

Lana fails pretty badly. My dad isn't happy about it either I can tell. Lana sits with me and we watch others try out.

Finally that's over and the trainers come out and over to us. This place has a lot of trainers which is good. Dad breaks people up and into groups with different trainers. Finally it's just me and Lana left. I wonder why he saved us for last. "Cora you will train with Jay Good. He is one of our best trainers. Lana you will train with Steve and the new guy Rusev." Dad said. So I get my own trainer and Lana has to train with an other guy. I walk to Jay. "Hi I'm Cora it's nice to meet you." I whisper looking down really not wanting to be here now. "Hi Cora I'm Jay I'll be training you until your ready to debut in NXT." He said. "When do we start?" I asked. "Tomorrow be here early." He said. I nodded and went to the car to wait for Lana. I can't wait to get home.

Author's Note: thank you to Lunatic_Joker for letting me use his character Jay Good from his book The Street Fighter in WWE.