twenty-three.

Justin

Today was a really bad day.

We were trying to find a way to get Kyra and her sister away from the enemy but we had no idea where they could be and that made it all so difficult. The boys and I had tried to talk to Will and made him change his mind about not showing up to the meeting but he didn't want to give up what they wanted even if that meant that our friends were getting hurt. I could understand where he was coming from because I knew how hard he worked to get what he wanted and how important it was to him but Kyra was important too and since we were a gang it was our task to make sure she was alright, especially his task seeing that he was our leader.

The worst thing was that we were running out if time and we had still no plan of what to do and that was frustrating us all after a while. We sat in the warehouse for hours, trying to find signs that would lead us to where these boys took the girls but we got nothing. Either we were pretty fucking stupid or these boys were just way to fucking good. Nonetheless the time was passing by and we had to come up with something real quick if we didn't want Kyra and Kaitlynn to be hurt. Besides I had a really bad feeling about something, like, something was so wrong with this day and I hoped that it didn't concern them because they didn't deserve shit coming their way.

The time went by and it was already past nine, the time we were supposed to meet the guys to make the exchange. I didn't even want to imagine what was going on with the girls and what these shady guys would do to hurt them. I just knew that it pissed me off that we were doing nothing but sit around the damn warehouse and that Will wasn't setting his priorities straight. He was basically sending us around and making us do all the work while he sat back and did God knows what. I had no idea what was going on with him lately but it wasn't good.

I decided to leave the warehouse when it became late. Nobody was there anymore besides me and Will but he didn't want to leave just yet so I left him there. I was a little bit tired from being there all day and I wanted to see Cassie finally, because I didn't see her all day, and of course have my daily conversation with our baby.

Getting inside my car, I started the engine and drove away from the warehouse. Fortunately the place wasn't too far away from our house and at this time there wouldn't be any traffic on the route I was taking back home so I would be there quickly.

When I arrived at home and stepped into the house I didn't even bother to say hello to whoever was downstairs and went straight to the bedroom to find Cassie. I didn't find her in there though which was strange because she was always in the room at this time in the evening so I made my way back down and headed to the living room because she was most likely there. I opened the door and scanned the room, my eyes falling on Lenny, Kevin, Kyra and Kaitlynn. I frowned because I didn't see my girlfriend, I wondered where she could be and where I could look for her.

I walked a step back and was about to close the door when I stopped midway, my arms extending to open the door again so I could check if I had really just seen Kyra and her sister on the couch or if my eyes were fooling me. I wasn't seeing things, they were really there which confused me because in my memory they were kidnapped and we were supposed to get them out. How did they get out?

"Kyra, Kait," I called out their names and all eight pairs of eyes focused on me. "Are you guys okay?" They didn't look physically harmed to me, they only seemed really exhausted but I still thought it was the appropriate thing to ask after last night. The girls answered me by nodding their heads and telling me that they are doing fine.