fifteen.

Daniel

I sat in my sister's hospital room, leaning my arms on my thighs while my head rested on my balled fist and tapping my foot on the ground impatiently.

Justin, Emilia and Nadja where with me too and we all remained silent as our eyes were trained on Cassie, secretly praying and hoping that her condition was going to get better and that she was going to come back to us soon. Even if we all still were a little shocked from what had happend around an hour ago.

Everything had been okay, Nadja and I had arrived at the hospital just in time so Justin and Emilia could go back home. We were taking shifts on watching Cassie because we all couldn't be here at the same time and we wanted someone to be there in case Cassie woke up.

My girlfriend and I were just having a conversation until all of the sudden Cassie flatlined. I had been in total shock and didn't even understand what was exactly happening, until nurses came running into the room with a heart defribillator and tried to bring my sister back to life.

It had taken me a little while to realize that if they didn't succed Cassie would be gone. She would be dead and when I had realized that I stopped breathing for a moment and the whole world around me stopped.

I couldn't lose her. She was the only family I still had.

I had no idea how many times they used the heart defribillator on her, maybe 4 or 5 times but they managed to bring her back and I had never felt this kind of relief ever in my life.

After all that had happend I'd called Justin to let him know what had happend and he made his way here in no time together with Emilia.

We both had been getting along the past few days. We knew that fighting would get the both of us nowhere so we decided to just let it go and be civil around each other so there wouldn't be any problems.

Justin and I had some good conversations, a few laughs every then and there and it honestly felt like the old times and it felt good but I had a feeling that it all was going to be over once Cassie woke up.

But I didn't let this be my main problem. Right now I just wanted Cassie to be okay and wake up. I didn't even comprehend why this was happening, when the doctors said that she was doing better and that she was most likely going to wake up soon.

It just pained me to see her like that and to know that she was in pain too and I wanted this all to be over because she didn't deserve this at all.

I heard Nadja move in her seat next to me, breaking the silence with a loud sigh before she spoke up. "Daniel, can't we go to the hotel? I am so bored."

I didn't reply right away and just furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and I was about to ask her if she was stupid to think that I was going to leave the Hospital after what had happend. I kept that question to myself. "I'm not going anywhere, Nadja," I said instead but I didn't look at her.

"But why? We have been here for two hours and nothing has changed and she is fine. There is nothing to do here anyway, let's just go to the hotel," she insisted and I rolled my eyes.

I love my girlfriend, really, but sometimes she can get extremely on my nerves and this was one of these moments. Was she even hearing herself and how selfish she sounded? I was ready to snap at her but I held myself back from doing it because starting a fight would get me nowhere. Nadja didn't understand what I was going through right now and how shitty this situation was but she had to comprehend that leaving my sister because she was tired of waiting was no option for me.