fourteen.

•••

My eyes slowly fluttered open and I looked right at a blue sky, just like I did the last time I woke up. I was lying on the ground once again and when I sat up and looked around me, I realized that I was at the same place I was with Lia the last time. The only difference now was that the entire place was now illuminated by the sun and there was no darkness anywhere. This should actually be a good thing but honestly, I didn't know if that was so good.

I asked myself what this place was and what I was doing here. Lia told me that I wasn't dead but if I was alive why was I here and not back at home with Justin and all my friends? And if this was really all just a dream, why was I still not waking up from it? I was so confused at this point and I needed someone to enlighten me what the hell was going on.

The last thing I remembered was me being in Justin's car and talking to Emilia on the phone when I noticed that I was being followed by someone I thought was Daniel or somebody associated with him and then I tried to lose him. I knew that I passed out at some point but the short moment before that was a blur. I didn't remember what had exactly happend but I was curious to know because whatever had happend was the reason I was here right now.

I stood up from the ground and walked around the park to see if someone or something was here but all those trees and animals. I had to find a way out of here somehow, if there even was a place out of here. How did I even get here in the first place? I never thought that I would be back here after being with Lia and it kind of started to scare me because if she wasn't here, where was she? And why was I still here? Was I even going to get out of here?

"Mi hija," I heard a faint voice say behind me. Stopping to walk, I turned around to see who it was and when I saw who called me, I completely froze on the spot. My heart stopped beating for a moment and my eyes widened in complete and utter shock. My jaw was on the same level as the floor and I lost my ability to speak because in front of me stood the woman I missed more than anybody else on this planet, the woman who raised me and took care of me so well and gave me so much love and affection until she couldn't anymore.

My mother.

I didn't even realize that tears were running down my cheeks until my mother's look softened at the sight of me and she walked over to me to pull me into a tight hug. "Don't cry beautiful," she said in a whisper and stroked my hair but just then I started crying harder. It was so unreal to me that she was here with me and that I had this grace to see her again, to hug her again, even if I was probably dreaming. I had not dreamed of my mother in years and even when I did, it never felt this real.

"I can't believe that I'm seeing you and holding you in my arms right now," I sobbed into my mother's chest and wrapped my hands around her, hugging her back. My mom rubbed my back and said that it was okay and that I shouldn't cry and I wanted to stop but the tears were just coming out. I was not sad, I was just overhelmed with the whole situation. "If this is a dream I don't want to wake up ever." It had been almost seven years since she had died and for the first time it felt like I was truly reunited with her again and at this point I couldn't care less if I was dead or not because right now wherever the world was, was a distant place and wherever this place here was, was the place I wanted to stay if that meant that I was going to be with my mother.

After I calmed down a little while later and we both stayed in silence in our embrace, we pulled away from each other and my mother took a moment to look me up and down after she wiped the tears away from my face. "I missed you," Mom said, grinning at me so lovely and I couldn't help but mirrow it. I really missed seeing that beautiful up close again, instead of on a picture.

"I missed you too, mom. So much," I said back and wrapped my arms around her neck, to pull her into a hug again. "I wish you could be back with us."