Until we meet again

3 years later

"Damit Stefan...I screwed up again....and yes I chose Elena over you and all my friends because I love her! Why can't anyone except that. I desecrated myself so that when she woke up I did too and we would be together but no the closest people to me won't let that happen." I said and waited for Stefans reply. It's been 3 years since the love of my life has been in a coma and it doesn't help every time I see Bonnie I see Elena. Let me just catch you up on life really quickly. After Stefan woke my up from the coffin Bonnie has been with Enzo, aka my blast from the past best friend. She hasn't been talking to me because I didn't say bye but I had no other choice she would try and keep me from doing what I did. Matt and Barbie (Rebekah) have been traveling the world as humans. Caroline and Klaus have a house in New Orleans where they visit sometimes and they live in the old Miklealson house here in Mystic Falls. Stefan and Katherine have been here in the Salvatore boarding house with me...I honestly have no words for this relationship but if Stefans happy I'm happy....ish. And me...well I woke up 4 days ago and it feels like I've been in hell for these past days. No one understands how hard it is to live without the love of your life by your side. Elena is the only woman who ever understood me.....she gets me. I need her in my life. I need the good in my life.

Stefans Pov
"You know what Damon....do what you want! Because clearly you don't want my help!" I said and stormed off.
"He's such and ass hole!" I raised my voice at Katherine.
"Then how are you dating me." She laughed trying to make me feel better. Katherine grabbed my face.
"It's gonna be okay.....you guys always make up."
Maybe she's right maybe we will sort this out but it sure as hell doesn't seem like that's happening soon.

Bonnie's Pov
"Like this?" I asked Enzo holding down a cord on the guitar. He smiled at me and placed his fingers on mine so that we were both playing. He was so comforting especially after Elena being in the coma and Damon leaving. It was and still is really hard to deal with that prick. He left me...his best friend and didn't even have the decency of saying goodbye. Enzo really helped with all of that......I think I'm in love with him. We've been living in my old house well my grams, and I'm really happy with him. But now eveything is being ruined by Damon Salvatore. The selfish ass hole who only cares about himself he's back because Stefan woke him up.

Alarics Pov
"Girls mommys tired leave her alone I'll read you two a bedtime story." I say to my girls as I see them running up the stairs. I've been blessed with my loving wife and two beautiful little girls....well actually they are almost 4 now....wow time goes by fast. Speaking of time I can't believe that jerk left planning on never seeing his best friend ever again. So I plan on never speaking to him unless of course it's a life or death situation. I know he did this all for Elena but she can't possibly be the only person he cares about.

Carolines Pov
"Your kidding me." I say rolling my eyes.
"What is it love." Klaus asks me from the couch.
"Stefan woke Damon up....he's back." I tell him leaning up against the wall.
"Well I know you all hate him for what he did but....he did it for love Caroline. I would do it too."
"Yeah well....he's got a bad way of showing it." I said crossing my arms.

Damons Pov
I've been back for about 5 days now and all I've done is sit around, listen to Stefan yell at me, drink and sleep. Life isn't good without Elena in it. I have no reason to smile I have no reason to wake up in the morning if she's not beside me and yes this is the Damon people don't usually see but this is the Damon without Elena Gilbert....I don't ever want to be this person. As I pour myself my 4th glass of burbon I had an idea. It requires Bonnie who hates me and never wants to see me again but if she knows that it will bring back her best friend she may be in. I grab my black leather and keys and head out to see Bonnie.
I know on the door and press my hand up against the bricks beside the door. I see her open it and her eyes widen I can see the hatred it them. "I never wanna see you again!" She yells and slams the door.
Enzo gets up and rubs her back. "Damon?"
He asks. "Don't ever speak of him!" She yells.
"Bonnie? Do you want Elena back?" I yell still standing at the door.
"You talk to him." Bonnie says to Enzo.
"She doesn't want to speak or see you." He says making his way out to the porch.
"You don't think I know that?" I roll my eyes. "Anyways....I had an idea.....on how to get Elena back."
"If it means killing my girlfriend you should get back in your car and drive far away from here." He raised his voice.
"Remember when we were friends?" I said changing the subject smirking.
"We're my friends I don't like you." Enzo said crossing his arms.
"Alright then back to my point........basically I think that if we turn Bonnie into a vampire she's 'dead' so when she's transitioning Elena should wake up right?" I said unsure.
"So your saying that you want to turn Bonnie into a vampire......and if Elena doesn't wake up Bonnie has to live the rest of her life with immortality, meaning Elena will never wake up unless someone steaks, poisons or chops Bonnie's bloody head off?" Enzo says aggravated.
"It was just a thoug-" I said being cut off by Bonnie waking outside.
"I'll do it." She said standing next to Enzo.
"Are you crazy?" Enzo said holding her back.
"If it means the chance of my best friend coming back I'll do it but not for him." She said tilting her head at me. "For Elena." She finished proving her point.
"And if she doesn't wake up?" Enzo said.
"Well that's a chance we'll have to take.......and if turning into a vampire means a life time with you I'll take it." She said smirking.

"So the big question is.....when?"

"You've got to be kidding, Bonnie Bennet, witch turned vampire? She's willing to turn?" Stefan asks me not believing me.
"She said she'll do it tomorrow her and Enzo are gonna spend the day together doing some "let's pretend we're human" shit and then at night she's gonna take it. That's why I need your help to get Elenas body from New York to my bedroom as soon as possible. So she's beside me......and even you when she wakes up. Capish?" I asked throwing in some of our Italian which we never use.

"Fine." He said trying to stay mad at me. "Well let's get a move on it shall we." I said grabbing my car keys, phone and black leather jacket.
After hours of driving it was 2:00 am. "Here." I said walking out of the car and moving to Elenas storage unit.
"You ready for this?" Stefan asked me holding my shoulder.
"It's time to bring my baby home." I said and unlocked the door.

A/N: I hope you guys are enjoying this story because I really am. Sadly I the next I'll say 5 chapters its coming to an end. I might change my mind but I'm really happy with how it came out. I have 3 other stories that you guy should definitely check out I update the chapters every few days!! As always leave requests or questions if you have them :)