Chapter Nine: Sudden Planning

Mulai dari awal

She opens her bag and looks inside. She rummages around, and I notice that she has almost all of the same equipment as I do (necklaces, anklets, bracelets, etc.), just all of it was stuffed into a bag. The only EC's she's wearing on her body, is the belt of grey-EC. The ones that transform into weaponry.

The difference between her EC-belt and mine, is that mine is tight around my waist, and hers is sling around her waist. After a bit of rustling around, she finds what she wants, and pulls it out. It was a necklace with three separate strings of EC. Each string had a different colour. The biggest was gold, the next was clear, and the last was grey.

"Backup." She said once she'd pulled it out. "In case anything happens to any of the other traveler's EC's." She shrugs. "Thought you'd like to know." She puts the backup necklace of EC's back in her bag and pulls out another handful of anklets, bracelets, and a necklace. "These are mine, unless anyone else needs any."

"Why are you showing me this?" I ask.

She shrugs again. "Well, both you and Lucas are wearing your EC stuff on your body. Mine is in my bag, just so you don't worry."

"Okay." I reply. "Why did they give us these many anyway?"

"To make them feel better." Lucas suddenly starts talking again. "This is your first trip out of the kingdom without your parents. They are worried, Princess. Have you well equipped and many extra EC for back-up in case anything goes wrong, makes them feel better."

"Alright, but why do we need so many outfits? I don't see a point. We will never wear this many changes of clothes."

"Well, anything could happen. They could rip, burn, disappear . . ."

I cut him off. "Disappear?"

"Yes. Magic can come and be used in the strangest of ways, Princess."

"Alright . . ." I say doubtfully.

"Believe me or don't. But the point is, Princess, many things could happen to clothes and it's very good to have backup."

"Good." Lina interjects. "Now that we've gotten all that figured out, let's go!"

I laugh. "You're enthusiastic."

"Not as enthusiastic as I would have been if that boy" she jerks her head towards Lucas. "wouldn't be coming with us."

"Are you ready to go, Princess?" Lucas ignores Lina's comment. "Carolina is right, we should get going."

"Sure."

We all go outside to get ready for takeoff. Lucas wraps one arm around my wait, and one under my arms, holding me securely against his chest. He knows that this is my favorite position, because I can see everything that is going on and feel as if I am the one flying. He and Lina then let out their wings.

Wings made of fire that gave off heat. Rising up behind them in a huge arc. With his arms firmly wrapped around my waist, we were ready to take off. It was an exciting feeling. We were finally taking off.

With a couple strong pulls of their wings, we were up in the air, flying. I felt the wind brush my face, and the heat of the wings every time the came forward. I looked down and watched as we soared up above the homes on the ground. When I looked back, I saw my home, the palace, slowly getting further away.

Up in the air, there were a lot of fey. But they all move respectfully out of our way. Some waved. Others called out greetings. There were some younger fledglings that danced around in the air and giggled as they played around.

I felt a pang of sadness. I had never gone up in the air as a fledgling to play around with others my age. The only time I was flying, was in my parents of a guards' arms, and it was no fun to play with someone else carrying me. It would also have been embarrassing to have someone else carry me around like that, especially since I was the princess, and already alienated because of that.

But I made friends with Lina, who, as the only daughter of Lord Lesley (until Lucas was adopted), got a lot of attention and respect. Also, after all these years, I got used to flying by having someone else was carrying me.

💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮💮

Alright, finally got this chapter finished. Sorry in advance for all the spelling mistakes that will continue happening throughout this book. I've never been very good at editing my books. Point out any spelling mistakes or grammar mistakes. Really appreciated. I'll fix them.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I plan to continue creating more.

Please, please comment any thoughts. I love feedback.

~Julica 💖