Chapter 38

"Quick Mrs.Redman someone is stuck in a locker!"

She looks up from the tests she's grading and says "What!?" In a panic.

I shoot a look at Cam trying to figure out everything as it's happening. Cameron looks back at me and smiles.

Mrs.Redman stands up and says "We have to go to the office to get the key to the locker."

The three guys look at Cameron. Mrs.Redman looks at us and says "Stay here don't move. I'll be right back." Then she runs out following the three guys.

Cameron gets up and walks towards me. I decide to get up as well.

I yell "Cameron you told your little basketball friends to stuff someone in a locker?" I want to continue my rant, but he cuts me off by saying "Sophie calm down." My mind gets clouded as I feel his hands brush against my face. He was trying to comfort me.

"There's no guy in the locker." He says as he laughs.

I realize what's happening and I try to hide my laughter by turning around. I turn back around and say "We don't have that much time left. Why did you even bother have your friends do all of this?"

"I wanted us to be alone for a little bit so we can talk." He says looking at the clock. "You never said no to the date so I'm taking that as a yes."

"Cam I didn't think you were the dating type." I say with a little attitude.

"Sophie you really don't know much about me. You're learning stuff about me from my jealous ex girlfriend."

"True true." I laugh.

"So what do you say? One date." He says looking at me.

"Fine, but you better not try anything." I smirk.

"I'll be on my best behavior I promise." He smiles.

"So where are we going on this little date of ours huh?" I ask.

"I'll think of something. Don't you worry." He answers.

"And I'm going to give you a little help since you clearly really want to impress me." I say.

"Good I need all the help I can get." He says.

"I don't want you to do any of that cheesy stuff guys do. Like if you come up to my door with flowers I'll probably laugh." I say.

"What's wrong with flowers?" He laughs.

"That's so cheesy! You just copied it from every movie on Netflix." I answer.

"So what should I bring then?" He asks.

"Nothing just bring yourself and I'll be satisfied." I smile.

I decide to sit on one of the desks.

He walks to the desk I'm sitting on and puts he hands on both sides of the desk and leans in so our faces and really close, and says "Am I really that satisfying?"

I blush really bad. "God Cameron I thought you were going to kiss me again."

"I mean if you want me to I can." He says while he smirks.

"No thanks I think you've kissed me enough times." I say.

"Wait Sophie. Who initiated the kiss in the janitor's closet again? I don't remember. Do you remember?" He says clearly wanting me to say me.

"Good question. I guess neither of us will ever know." I say while turning my head.

"Oh wait I think I remember! I think it was..." He says as I cut him off.

"Me, I initiated the kiss. I remember it crystal clear. I mean you're not the worst person to kiss." I say.

"Was that suppose to be a compliment? If it was thank you. You're not either." He responds.

"We are so dysfunctional. You know that?" I laugh.

"It keeps everything interesting." He says.

"Yeah we'll never be bored." I respond.

Cameron's phone goes off and he unlocks it and reads a text. He looks up at me and says "They just turned into this hallway."

We find our way back into our seats. All I'm thinking is did I really agree to go on a date with Cameron Watters? What have I gotten myself into?

Mrs.Redman walks in and says "Turns out it was just a little prank."

She looks at the clock and says "There's only five minutes left. You guys can go, but try a little harder to stay out of trouble."

"Of course Mrs.Redman." Cam says while getting up.

I follow him as we walk down the hallway. It's really hard to stay mad at him. I don't even really know if I should be mad at him. Maddy might actually really be jealous. This is a lot to think about. She's definitely not going to like that I'm going on a date with him. I'm looking forward to see what Cam thinks of for our date.