Chapter 18

I hear "Hello."

I start going on a rant saying "Really Cameron? First you kiss me then get me in trouble, then beat up Scott twice in front of me. You really think I'm going to tutor you? I would rather move again then tutor you."

I get so heated after saying this I just end the phone call. I couldn't care less about what Cam has to say. I am not going to tutor him.

I then hear my text ringtone so I look down at my phone and read "You kissed me back 😏"

I chuck my phone at my wall instantly regretting my decision. I get up and walk over to it praying it's not cracked. I pick it up and look at it.

It's luckily not cracked because I have a case on it, but my case is chipped. Great! Cameron pretty much just broke my phone case.

I text Liv and say "I need to talk to you right now"

She replies pretty fast and says "Come on over"

I text back "be there in 10"

I quickly grab my cheer uniform out of the dryer because I️ washed it. It felt so warm. I stick it in a string bag and continue looking for stuff I will need to get ready for the party tonight.

I grab my makeup pouch, hair straightener, and my phone charger. And a couple other things like jewelry that I might want to wear. I stuff them all in the string bag and run downstairs.

I see my dad and walk up to him sitting down eating something while watching T.V. I just stare at him trying to think of something to say.

He says "What?" In a confused voice.

"Dad! I am not tutoring this guy!" I reply.

He says "Why not? This will be good for the both of you. It will help you make a new friend." As he points to the direction of Cameron's house.

"I have plenty of friends and I don't want to be his friend anyway. What if this ruins my math grade? Or the family is full of psychopaths and try to kill me?" I reply. Trying to think of reasons he would agree with me.

"They seem like great people and every friend counts." He says making his points pretty clear.

I grunt and say "I'm going to Liv's house one of my new friends." I say with a little attitude.

"We will talk about the tutoring later. What time are you going to be home?" He asks.

"I'll be back around 1:00 or 2:00. I'll text you when I get to the basketball court." I answer.

On my way home from the basketball game
before I texted him, telling him about the whole writing names on the court thing and he was surprisingly cool with it.

He says "Ok call me if anything happens no matter what time it is."

"Ok, but I'll be fine." I respond while walking towards the door.

I open the door and walk down my steps. I turn to the left and see my car. I go inside and get out the key and put it in the ignition. I try to remember how to get to Liv's house.

I think to myself "I'll figure it out" and start backing out of my drive way.

A ten minutes later I park in front of her house. I walk up to her door and knock.

She yells "Come in!" From inside.

So I walk in and see her running down the stairs and she says "What took you so long?"

"Forgot where your house was." I laugh. I think about telling her about my dad but ultimately decided not to.

She says "Oh ok. Let's go up to my room. You can tell me what happened and get ready for tonight."

We walk up the stairs to her blue room. She starts to curl her hair while I straighten mine.

I start the conversation by saying "So guess who just randomly showed up at my house."

"Scott?" She says.

"I wish." I laugh "It was Cam's mom. Isn't that so weird?"

"Um yeah. What did she want?" She responds looking confused.

"You're not gonna believe this." I say.

"What? Tell me." She says.

"She wants me to tutor Cameron." I reply.

She starts laughing "Um what did you just say? Wait did Cameron know she was going to ask or what?"

"Cam told his mommy he needed a tutor." I laugh. "And told her I was a good fit. Like what the hell." I respond.

~⌚️~

So after we get all ready I'm wearing my blue and white cheer uniform with my hair straight. I put a cute little braid going back just so my hair had a little going on. I put some tiny stud earrings in and an infinity sign necklace. I put natural makeup on and some winged eyeliner.

Liv is also wearing her cheer uniform and has her hair in loose curls. She contoured her face a little with her makeup. I would do that but I am not that talented with makeup. She is wearing some earrings that hang.

So it's around 12:15am now. We didn't want to go right at 12:00 because that's when all the freshman and sophomores are still there so we decided to wait a little and just talk and hang.

So now we get in my car and I'm driving. Before I start going though, I text my dad that I'm on my way to the basketball court.

When we get near the basketball court there are like a million cars and bikes but I am luckily able to park. Liv and I get out and start walking towards the court.

I spot about a million pieces of chalk everywhere. People are even drawing on each other with the chalk. It looks really funny.

I look at Liv and ask "Were we suppose to bring chalk?"

She says "No we can just use someone's. It's not like there's not enough for everybody." She laughs while pointing to the guys coloring each other in chalk.

"Why doesn't everyone just write on it with something permanent?" I ask. "Chalk washes off so easily." I explain.

"This has been the school's tradition for decades. The whole rewriting our name is apart of the tradition it's like reassuring everyone that they are apart of the school. It also helps each grade get closer." She explains.

"I guess that makes sense. This is really cool." I say looking around.

"Oh and what if it is still raining when it's the time for a grade to come rewrite their names?" I ask very curious.

"Lucky for us it was only drizzling before, but if that happens all the grades do it the next night or when it stops raining." She answers.

When we finally make it so our feet are on the actual basketball court I start looking around. I obviously spot a lot of red solo cups and drinking happening. I don't see any smoking of any kind which is good because I hate breathing the smoke in. I see some guys shooting a basketball on one side of the court.

Oddly enough the first basketball jersey I spot has the last name "Foster" on the back. I think about going up to him and starting a conversation but I want him to approach me.

So I continue looking around and looking down at the names on the court. I look down for a split second and walk into somebody and say "Oh my gosh I'm so sorry." And look up to see...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note- sorry for publishing the chapter so late it was a hard one to write and my idea flow just stopped for a couple days. Anyway I hope you enjoyed my chapter and I would appreciate if you voted and commented if you have any thoughts or ideas for the next chapter.

Team Cameron or Team Scott??