Chapter 4

So during lunch I learn that Maddy and Liv do cheerleading together, and have been friends for a really long time. And Chloe did cheer last year but can't this year because she has a lead part in the school musical. Chloe loves to sing.

After we talk about cheer for a while I just come out and say it "So what's Cameron Watters's story?"

They all look at each other and say "Why did he try to hit on you yet?"

I say "Yet?" Looking confused.

Liv looks at me and says "Cameron is bad news. He's a player, he has probably dated every girl in our grade that are up to his standards."

Maddy nods and says "He's the captain of the basketball team and every week he makes a different girl feel special."

Liv says "Yeah just make sure you are not one of his victims."

I nod and say "Yeah I'm going to try to stay away from him. Thanks."

The whole time this conversation went on Chloe nodded.

After lunch I have math and I remember that Cameron told me he was in my class. And when I walk into the classroom I ask the teacher where I should sit because in every class they usually have assigned seats.

He points to the only empty seat which of course was right next to the one and only Cameron Watters. When I start walking over I could literally feel his eyes looking me up and down checking me out.

When I sit down he smirks and starts to pretend to pay attention to whatever Mr. Sims is saying. I'm really good at math, but I am actually paying a lot of attention to the teacher because I try to be ahead of the rest.

When I am writing down the notes and new equations in the corner of my eye I can see Cameron literally staring at me not paying attention to anything else. I look at him and give him a little hey I see you staring at me wave, but he just keeps staring.

So when the bell rings and we all are walking out the door I feel hands on my waist pulling me back. I quickly turn and see Cameron.

He says "Hey Soph."

I rip his hands off my waist and take a step back and say "Hey Cameron."

He says "You can call me Cam. And if you are behind in math I can totally help you." As he gets closer and smirks.

I push him a little back and say "In your dreams Cam." Then I smirk and turn as my hair flies behind me.

In the back of my head I know what the girls said about him at lunch but when I look at him I see some fun. A little flirting never hurt anyone.

All of the rest of my classes went really fast and the next thing I knew I am at my locker putting my books in my backpack. I then feel a tap on my shoulder and turn and see Maddy and Liv behind me.

Maddy says "So are you going to cheer practice?"

I say "Oh yeah aren't you guys in the middle of making a routine? What if they won't let me on?"

Liv rolls her eyes and grabs my arm and says "There is always room for one more." and we start walking to the gym.

When we get to the gym I see a bunch of girls and a couple boys stunting.

Liv whispers in my ear "The head cheerleader is sort of a bitch, but just deal with her so you can get on the team."

I look at her and laugh. So Liv pulls me up to this blonde who looks familiar. After I think about it for a split second I realize where I know her from.

She was the girl who called Cameron "babe" yesterday. She was pretty and blonde and wearing spandex up her butt and a black sports bra.

She looks me up and down and says "Who is this?" to Liv with a bit of an attitude.

I smile at her and say "I'm Sophie and I want to be on the cheer team."

She looks at me like are you kidding and says "We already started our season, we don't just add people like that."

I say "I know but I just transferred here and I cheered at my old school."

She starts to say "Sorry like I said we are in the middle of our..."

Then Liv cuts her off and says "Sophie was captain at her old school."

She looks at me and inches a little closer and says "Well Sophie, I'm Britney and I'm captain here but thanks for asking."

And she goes to turn away when Liv blurts out "Sophie can do a full!"

Britney turns and looks at me and says "show me." with a demanding tone.

I say "I just got it and my coach usually spots me for it usually. I don't think I should."

Britney smiles at a bunch of her friends behind her and then looks at me and says "If you land your full you can be on the team, but only if you can stunt."

I look over at Liv with a what the hell did you just get me into face and start walking over to the corner of the huge mat.