Chapter 5

When I get to the corner of the mat I look over at Britney and say "What if I break my neck or something?"

She laughs and looks at her friends next to her all staring at me and opens her trap and says "How bad do you really want it?"

I look straight ahead of me and start thinking is it worth it and without regrets I slap back and pop and start running down until I'm close to the middle of the mat.

I quickly feel my hands hit the ground and all I remember was thinking to myself Soph you better not mess up.

In mid air I twist my body the correct way and land perfectly. I looked over at Liv with a holy crap did I just do that face and ran up to her and hugged her and said "I landed it! I really landed it."

Britney starts walking over to me and taps me on my shoulder and says "I still haven't seen you stunt yet hun." with a smirk.

I look at her and say "Give me a back and I'm good."

She yells out a name and a tall girl walked over. I call over Liv to base with me and I got Maddy to fly.

We put Maddy in a lib and did a twist down. And did a couple more things and Maddy didn't hit the ground once. After we stunt I walk over to her and say "I'm a size small."

She says "Okay?"

I say "For my uniform."

I start to walk away and she starts to say something rude but I just say "See you tomorrow for practice." over her.

In my head I congratulate myself for dissing her, but after I think about it more I realize my captain probably well... definitely hates me now.

I am outside the gym in a hallway about to call my dad when Cameron sees me and starts running over to me. He is in shorts and a tee and says "Hey you need a ride?"

I see a bunch of other guys around and assume it was a practice for a sport. I look at him and say "Don't you have like a practice or something."

He says "Yeah, but my dad's the coach and I'll just drop you off and come back."

"I wouldn't want you to miss practice because of me." I go to turn around and walk away then he puts his hand on my shoulder and says "It's no big deal I'll get to skip suicides."

I am hesitant but I really don't want to say no. I say "Ok fine." and smirk. And we start walking towards the side door to the student parking.

When we get to his car it was black and had tinted windows. I don't know car brands but I know just by looking at it that it wasn't cheap.

We both open our doors and get in. It is clean and smells like cologne. He starts it up and we are off.

I break the silence and say "What sport are you playing right now."

He says "Basketball."

I say "Cool. I just got on the cheer team today."

He says "A cheerleader huh?" While looking me up and down.

I smile and say "Don't be getting any ideas now."

He smirks and says "Well you know cheerleaders are just my type."

I am blushing, but I am trying to hide it. The rest of the ride was small talk when we pull up to my house I say "Thanks for the ride." and smile and open the door and get out and go towards my door.

He drives away back to practice. When I get upstairs to my room after greeting to my dad. I was freaking out that Cameron drove me home I want to tell Liv, but she said he was bad news and I don't know if he is just being nice to me to get with me.

If he is doing what I think he is. He is doing a damn good job.

~🌙~

The next morning I did my usual routine and I'm wearing white shorts and a thin sweater with an elephant on it. I drive to school in my car I got a while ago when I turned 16.

It was my second day but it didn't feel as special as my first day because everyone was over the "new girl" already and they have been in school for a couple months now.

When I am at lunch Liv, Chloe, and Maddy are telling me about this party that is going to be at this senior's house tonight. I thought it was weird because it was just a random Tuesday in my eyes.

Liv asks me "Have you ever been to a party before Sophie?"

I say "You can say that."

I quickly try to change the focus of the conversion off of me and say "Do you know this senior?"

Maddy says "He is on the basketball team."

I take a bite of my sandwich and swallow "So are we going?"

Chloe looks at Liv and Maddy and then turns to me and says "Um yeah!" With like an of course tone.

Liv say "After cheer practice lets all meet at my house."

When Liv says that I remember that today was my first day of cheer.