Chapter 9

Mr.Adams and Mrs.Redman look at each other with normal faces. Then Mrs.Redman look at us and say "Never heard that one before."

Me and Cam look at each other and sigh.

Mr.Adams says "I'm sorry but I'm afraid you two have detention after school today."

Cam scoots to the edge of his chair and says "Sophie did nothing it was all my fault. I walked in. She did nothing. You can't give her detention."

Mrs.Redman walks out and Mr.Adams says "I'm sorry but you both were involved. Just a 5:00-6:00 detention, so you can go to basketball and if you Sophia play a sport as well.

"Okay well get back to your class now I had you two for long enough." Mr.Adams says while getting papers out from his desk.

We both get up and walk out and start walking back to our math class, and Cam goes to say "I'm so sorry. I really didn't mean for this to happen."

I ignore him and try to look the other way. He sees a glimpse of my face and realizes my eyes are tearing, says "Sophie I'm so sorry. I really am. I wish there is something I can do."

I still ignore him and he then goes in front of me making us both stop. And wipes a tear that was streaming down my face and keeps my face in his hand, and I try to turn away.

He then lets go of my face and hugs me, but this hug was not just a pity hug. This hug was a long, warm, passionate hug.

I don't want it to end. I don't let go when he thought it was time to. It could of been really awkward, but instead of him making it weird by saying something stupid he just hugged me even tighter.

When we both finally let go and I say "Thanks." and then the bell rings to go to next period.

He says "You want me to walk you to your next class?"

"What do you have next?" I ask.

He says "Gym."

I say "I have astronomy. They are on like the opposite sides of the school."

He says "I don't mind. What are they going to do give me detention?"

He grabs my hand and interlocks our fingers. I look down at our hands and then look at him.

I am getting weird looks from some girls, but I really don't care. When we get to my class he let go of my hand and says "See you in home ech." And starts running towards the gym.

The rest of my classes went really slow. I saw Cam in home ech, but we didn't really talk we just gave each other a little head nod.

Cheer practice wasn't as bad today. Except she moved me to the worst stunt group. The flyer is still kind of new to the whole flying thing so it was an interesting practice.

After practice I go into the locker room and change. When I am walking out I hear people whispering. So I walk back in and make sure the girls whispering didn't see me.

I hear one girl say "Yeah a 5 o'clock detention. I was listening when they were in the office."

Another girl asks "What did they do?"

A different girl answers "They were hooking up in the girls bathroom and some teacher caught them."

The girl who asked said "Oh my gosh does Britney know? Aren't Brit and Cam talking?"

One girl says "That's what I last heard."

I get really mad because is that really what Cameron is telling people? That we were hooking up?

I walk out of the locker room and I see Cameron and you don't know how bad I want to run over to him and kick him as hard as I can. But instead I find Liv and ask her to come to the bathroom with me.

I need to cool down cause I am really about to explode. When we got there I ask her "Did you hear what happened with me and Cam?"

She says "Yeah, is it true?"

I say "Well part of it, but we didn't hook up. He followed me in 'cause he really wanted to ask me something and I was ignoring him."

She looks at me confused and says "So you did get a 5 o'clock detention?"

I say "Yeah but I did nothing it's all his fault."

"And I'm really mad because he's telling people we hooked up. Like who does that?" I say.

"Cameron apparently." Liv answers.

I look at the time on my phone and say "Well I have to go I can't be late to detention. I'll text you later."