Chapter 23

(Cameron's POV)

"Brooke what are you doing? It's almost 3:00am." I say a little relieved it wasn't one of my parents.

"Cam are you having a sleepover?" Brooke asks me while walking closer to us.

I see Sophie giggle after Brooke said sleepover

She looks like she just woke up from hibernation. I can't even tell if she's awake or not. Her hair is absolutely crazy.

"No Brookie my friend here wasn't feeling too good so I had to help her." I say.

"Oh. Are you okay?" She asks Sophia.

Sophia says "I'm much better now I think I'm going to leave soon, so you two can get some sleep."

"I'm Brooke." She tells sophia.

"I'm Sophie nice to meet you, Brooke."

"Oh my gosh! I have a friend named Sophie." Brooke says.

"Wow what are the odds?" Sophie says looking at me for a second. "How old are you Brooke?"

"Five and a half." She answers holding up five fingers. "Are you a cheerleader?" She asks looking at her uniform.

"I am." She say looking down at what she is wearing.

"Cool. I have a cheerleader Barbie. So you get to fly in the air?" She asks.

"Okay Brooke I think it's time for bed." I say.

"No I throw the girls in the air." Sophie says smiling at Brooke.

(Sophia's POV)

Cam says to me "I'll walk you to your door let me just put Brooke back in her bed."

Cam stands up and Brooke puts her arms up to him. He picks her up and start walking up the stairs.

I smile at her and she smiles back.

Once they are about halfway up the stairs I get up and start looking around. I go in the kitchen quick and put the ice pack back in the freezer and feel my head.

I flinch when I touch the exact spot that hit the floor. Tonight was not a good night for me. My dad can not find out about this or I will never be allowed to another one.

I walk out of the kitchen and look at this little white shelf with picture frames on it. I was wanting to see what pictures were over here the whole time we were watching the movie. I see some with little toddler Cameron and find them adorable. Also in the picture frames are pictures of Cameron and his dad playing basketball.

I can only imagine how much pressure Cam is under being the son of the coach and all. I hear Cam coming down the stairs so I turn around. He smiles at me and walks towards me and we both start for the door.

He says "You feel better right?"

"Yeah I'm fine." I reply.

He looks at me like I am lying. He puts his hand on the doorknob and looks at me and says "How many fingers am I holding up?" While he puts up his hand.

I laugh "Two, now let's go."

"Fine." He smirks.

He turns the door knob and we walk out. It is a little colder than I thought it would be.

We walk towards my house and Cam puts his arm around me. I look up at him and smile. I get the chills and enjoy his warmth. I barely remember our fight at the basketball court. All I can really remember is him saving me.

I take out my phone and text my dad that I'm home, but he is probably sleeping already. I told him to leave the door unlocked for me and I hope he remembered.

We get to my front steps and walk up. We stand across from each other and I say "Thanks for everything."

"No problem. I'll see you Monday." He answers.

"Yeah, see you Monday." I say after realizing how awkward this kind of is. Or maybe I'm just awkward.

I go to turn towards the door. He then walks closer to me and hugs me. His hugs are literally heaven. I'm really glad he hugged me cause that would have been a really awkward ending to our night if he didn't.

When the hug is over I say "Night." Kind of blushing.

He says "Night."

I open the door and tip toe towards the stairs. I then see my dad is sitting on the couch on his phone scrolling through Facebook.

He stands up and says "There was drinking at this thing?" While pointing at the message from me that I sent him. "You had to drive your drunk friends home?"

I really did not think that message through. "Dad you know I would never drink. Don't you trust me?"

"I trust you. I just don't trust everyone else." He says. "Next time there is drinking just let me know, I thought this was a school thing."

"You are right dad. In my defense I was just as surprised as you to see alcohol." I say.

"Okay...now go get some sleep." He says pointing to the stairs.

I run up them quick. I am so tired, but also wide awake. I turn off my lights and put my head on my pillow and I was out cold.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note- hope you enjoyed if you did don't forget to vote. If you have any thoughts or ideas please leave a comment.

Thoughts on Cameron?