Chapter 26

I give Cam a dirty look. He is clearly trying to make Scott look bad. I really like Scott. I really do. I don't know what to do should I make Cam leave or should I tell Scott to go home and continue talking to Cam.

"Um Cam I think you need to go now. I think we got through enough tutoring for today." I say unsure that was the right thing to do. Scott is still waiting outside the door and Cam looks at me.

He says "Can I talk to you a sec?" While grabbing my arm and pulling me over to where Scott hopefully couldn't hear us.

"Don't do this Sophie." He starts.

"Do What?" I try to say when Cam continues talking and ignores what I was trying to say.

"Don't give him a chance with you. You deserve much better than him." He says looking in the direction of the front door.

"At the court last night I saw him try to kiss you. You pushed him off. I know that if that was me trying to kiss you; you wouldn't have pushed me away." He explains.

"You think this is a competition between you two? Huh? You think who ever can get farther wins?" I say raising my eyebrows.

"I'm not a prize one of you is going to win. You're not my boyfriend you don't get to decide who I talk to. I don't even know if I like either of you two. You're not good for me. I need a steady guy who I know will want to be with me for more than a week." I say.

"That's the funny thing about reputations everyone thinks I don't treat girls well, but ask any girl I've been with. They will say that one week was better than a whole year with some other guy. They are just sad it's over. I treat my girlfriend like a princess. I just don't think the relationship is going to last. So why waste my time?" He says with strong emotion.

"That's why Britney was breaking down your door?" I say in a low voice trying to comprehend everything.

"At least I date one girl at a time. Ask Scott why his ex girlfriend broke up with him." He says ignoring my question.

"He told me already." I say.

"Then you should know he cheated on her, and you wonder why I hate him so much." He says.

"That's not what he told me." I respond.

"I don't believe you. You should leave now." I say walking over to the front door where Scott is still standing. I feel like that was probably really awkward for him. He was just standing there while me and Cam went back and forth.

Cam finally leaves. I always keep starting to think oh maybe he's a decent guy then he always has to do or say something stupid. I thought about how Britney might still be outside his house but I really don't care.

I really want to get to know Scott. He seems so... I don't know but I need to know more.

I look at Scott. "Come in." He walks in. He looks a little nervous. I can see it in his eyes.

"Thank you so much for the flowers by the way. That was really sweet of you." I say.

"It was nothing. I was really worried about you." He says looking around in my living room.

"Really?" I say softly enjoying the fact he was thinking about me.

"Yeah of course." He says stopping and standing in front of me.

We share this moment where we are both just staring at each other then I say "Wanna go in my backyard?"

"Sure." He answers.

"Good it wasn't really a question." I joke. While walking I think to myself my dad must have left when Cam was walking out the door I noticed his car was gone.

He laughs and follows me to the sliding glass door. We walk out and he looks around.

He says "You have an open pool right now? It's like September."

"When we came it was open and we just left it. It has a heater, but it's still freezing. I haven't been in it yet it is way too cold." I explain.

"Hmmm." He sounds.

We are walking to get to the chairs on the other side of the pool or that's what I thought anyway.

Then all of a sudden I feel two hands push me with force on my side. I make a little scream sound and see him laughing at me while I'm falling towards the water.

When I feel the cold water touch my skin my body instantly gets the chills. I don't think my body has felt anything colder than this here right now.

I get back up from under the water and yell "SCOTT FOSTER!"

He yells back "SOPHIA MATHEWS." Clearly mocking me.

"Well now you have to come in before I KILL YOU!" I say while splashing water at him.

He looks behind him at the back door and just around him. I think he was looking to see if anyone was watching.

He rips his shirt off and runs and jumps in. While he's in the air I realize that my makeup is pretty much all messed up.

When he rises to the top to get air he says "You were right it is cold." While his teeth are chattering.

I swim over to him and hit him. He says "Hey what was that for?"

I say "Scott you pushed me into the pool!"

"You said you've never been in it yet...now you have. You're welcome." He explains.

I roll my eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note- hope you enjoyed the chapter if you did like it make sure to leave a vote. Comment if you have any thoughts or ideas I always love reading them. Let's try to get this to a lot of votes!!

Team Scott or Team Cameron?