Chapter 33

I see Cam walk in followed by the rest of the team. Scott and I make awkward eye contact, and then I make eye contact with Cam. I feel butterflies fill my stomach.

We are suppose to be going to the wrestling room, but the wrestling team is having try outs so we have to share the gym with the basketball players. Everyone is annoyed, but I am so happy. This just means I get to watch Cameron play basketball and we get to exchange looks every now and then.

We pulled a mat out from the wrestling room so we can still tumble and stunt. We stand up and we go in a tumble line. My team and I then take turns running down the mat and throwing our best tumbling.

When it's my turn I just throw my back tuck. Britney then laughs as if it was so bad. I look at her and smile. I try to kill her with kindness.

I love how my coach just sits on the bleachers the whole time and does nothing. She's not even qualified to be a cheer coach in my opinion. She's just one of our teachers who did cheer a million years ago and the school probably doesn't pay much. That's why Britney has full control over everything. And I mean everything.

We continue our tumbling line and it gets back to me again. I slap my arms against my side signaling I'm about to go then Britney interrupts my focus.

She yells in her annoying voice "Why don't you throw you're full again everyone loves watching."

I look over at her a little annoyed she just stopped me from going to just be mean. I respond and say "It's okay. I'd rather do something that I know I can hit every time." I try to avoid conflict with her 'cause I am not in the mood.

"Come on Sophie. If you don't practice you can't do it at competition this weekend." She says.

I roll my eyes "Okay Britney I'll try I guess."

All I'm thinking is that she keeps making me do it just hoping one time I'll fall and break something.

I start breathing heavier trying to get prepared. I look around seeing that a lot of eyes are on me. I've only landed it like 3 times so far without a spot. I just ignore my nerves and think to myself what's the worst that can happen.

I start running and I do a round off and go into my full. While I'm in the air I notice my body not doing the right thing and I fall out of it while I'm in mid air. I land on my butt. It feels like I just broke my tail bone in half.

I hear people scream "Oh my gosh." And I hear footsteps running towards me. I shut my eyes trying to hold back the tears that I knew were coming.

Maddy and Liv run to me and kneel down next to be trying to help me up. While they sound like they are panicking as if I'm dead. They keep yelling "Oh my gosh. Are you okay?" Because I keep not answering. The wind is knocked out of me. I really can't breathe right now.

I look up towards Cameron and see him drop the basketball that was in his hands and run towards me. I hear heavy and squeaky footsteps coming my way. I then see Cameron above me.

I get air back in my lungs and start to get up with the help of Cameron. The pain in my butt right now can not be explained by any words.

Britney then opens her trap of a mouth and says "ehhh find a janitors closet." To her friends clearly knowing we can hear her. Me and Cam look at each other and then look at her. Cameron then says "Please Britney today's not the day."

Cameron walks me to the girls bathroom and he goes back to practice. Liv and I talk about what just happened while Maddy continues practice. After Liv knows I'm okay and our conversation is coming to an end Liv says "Sophie you know we are really good friends and all. And I would do anything for you right?"

I say "Yeah."

She then says "Well I have to tell you something...."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note - Thanks so much for reading if you enjoyed please leave a comment and a vote. And if you don't mind can everyone follow me so you guys get updates about the book and if you are already great.

Thoughts on Britney?

Thoughts on Cam?

What is Liv gonna tell her?

Who wants Cam and Sophie to go on a real date?