Game On (23)

*Hope's POV*

Today is game day and Rylee has been acting strange. She's not as focused and she's always on her phone. Jackson has been trying to cheer her up because he can tell something isn't right but nothing has changed. The other girls have noticed it and have started asking me if everything was okay. I wasn't going to lie to them and I told them I don't know. Kelley is worried and to be honest so am I. Everyone is in the locker room getting ready I look over at Rylee and she has her face in her hands. I look over at Carli and she nods her head. We both get up and go over to Rylee, I tap her shoulder and she nearly jumps out of her chair.

"We need to talk." I say.

She nods her head and follows us outside the locker room. We find a conference room that's empty and go sit in there.

"What's been going on?" I ask.

"Its nothing." Rylee says.

"Rylee cut the BS okay we can all see something is wrong." Carli says.

"You know you can talk to us." I say.

"NO I CAN'T THAT'S THE PROBLEM!" Rylee yells.

She takes a deep breath then puts her hands over her face. Carli goes over and puts her hand on Rylee's shoulder causing her to jump. I sigh and shake my head. There's a knock on the door, its Kelley.

"Hey its time." She says.

I nod my head and we all walk out to get lined up. I wasn't playing this game so I sat by Ash and we watched the game. Mal and Rylee started but during halftime Jill subbed Rylee out. She wasn't playing her best and she wasn't focused. She came and sat between Ash and I.

"Hey don't shut everyone out." Ash says.

Rylee just nods her head and watches the rest of the game with us. We won the score was 3-0 we all went out and onto the field and shook players hands. I was looking around for Rylee but didn't see her. I just assumed she went to the locker room. I went into the locker room and didn't see her.

"Hey Kelley have you seen Rylee?" I ask.

"No, ask Mal maybe she has." Kelley says.

We get on the bus and Rylee isn't here. Jill gets on the bus and starts talking.

"Wait where's Rylee?" She ask.

Nobody says anything, I pull out my phone and call her but it goes straight to voicemail. Carli looks at me and I shake my head. We were all going to get off the bus and look for her but then all our phone go off. We look and our phones and the TVs on the bus start playing a video.

"Don't bother looking for Rylee, she's safe with me." A man says.

The screen was dark but then I saw Rylee in a chair and she had cuts all over her. The guy that was talking had a mask on and took it off, it was her dad.

"You took my daughter from me and if you want her back you need to come find her. Game on USWNT." He says then punches Rylee in the face.

She groans out and has tears streaming down her face.