Adjustments (12)

I woke up and tried to get up and use the bathroom but something was on my right side holding me back. I looked as saw it was Jackson. I hoped the other day was a dream and he was safe and okay but when I realized it wasn't it just made me angry. But looking at him sleeping peacefully brought a smile to my face. I laid there playing with his hair and watching him sleep until it was time to get up.

"Hey Jackson." I said softly.

I shook him a little and his eyes opened. I always loved his eyes they're a mixture of grey and green and they look pretty badass.

"Hi Ry Ry." Jackson says.

"Come buddy we gotta get up." I say.

I get out of the bed and he reaches his arms out for me. I smile and pick him up and place him on my hip. I throw a pillow at Savannah who just groans and sits up. I take Jackson into the bathroom with me and we both brush our teeth and wash our faces. When we're done I go back into the room area and get dressed. I put on a pair of sweat pants and a muscle tee. When Jill took me to go get Jackson some clothes I got him a few pairs of shorts, tee shirts, joggers, pants, and sneakers. So I put on him the grey jogger, plain black shirt, and plain black sneakers. We waited for Savannah and we all walked down to breakfast. I went and made one plate for both Jackson and I and went to sit by Mom and Carli.

"Hey how's it going?" Mom ask.

"Fine, for now." I mumble the last part but they heard it.

There's a moment of silence.

"So what are we going to do?" I ask.

"Well we have to find Jackson's social worker. We we're thinking about adopting him because we see how close of a connection the both if you already have." Carli says.

I smile and look at Jackson who is ripping through most of the food on my plate.

"When?" I ask.

"Well after camp, we'll talk to some people and see if we can do that." Mom says.

After Jackson is done eating all the food on the plate he goes over and sits with ARod and Cheney. He gets spoiled by the both of them a lot. I make another plate of food and eat before going over there.

"Hey do you mind watching him so I can go get dressed?" I ask.

"Yeah." ARod says.

"Thanks." I say.

I leave the hall and get in to elevator but before it closes all the way Kelley comes on. I smirk and when the door closes I slam her into the wall and attach our lips.

"Well someone miss me." Kelley mumbles.

"Shut up." I say.

When the doors open we rush to my room and lock the door. Let's just say Arod and Cheney were watching Jackson for a little longer than they expected to be. Kelley and I got dressed and headed back to where the team meets before practice. I mainly get on the bus with Mom and the rest of the girls. I mean I just feel safe and secure when I'm around them. Dawn was helping Jackson get better during practice while we were training. This lady comes onto the field and looks around like she's lost, Jill sees her and they go and talk. A few moments later Mom, Carli and I are in the locker room speaking with her.

"My name is Macy Longen and I'm Jackson's social worker." She says.

We tell her everything that was going on and showed her the photos the Dawn took of Jackson the other day.

"Well Its going to take me a while to process all of this but until then I can appoint Carli and Hope Jackson temporary guardians." Macy says.

"Okay." Mom says.

Macy pulls out some papers that Mom and Carli need to sign. I went back out to the pitch and walked over to Jackson.

"Hey buddy can I talk to you?" I ask.

He nods his head and grabs my hand. I smile and walk away from everyone before sitting on the turf and putting him in my lap.

"So you can't go back and stay with those people you know that right?" I ask.

"Yes, but where will I go Ry Ry?" He ask.

"Well how would you feel about my Mom and Carli being your mom?" I ask.

He does this adorable thinking face and is quite for a while.

"Okay." He says.

I smile and kiss my on the cheek. We both get up and walk back over to where everyone else are at. Mom and Carli come out the locker room with Macy. They shake each other's hand before walking over towards us.

"Are you going to be okay?" Macy ask.

"Yeah." Jackson says.

Macy leaves and we get back to practice while Jackson goes back with Dawn. After practice we have a team bonding session. The coaches found this game online, you have to have on headphones and sing along to the music. The only thing is you can't hear anything but the music. So Pinoe went first and oh lord Jesus I can't even. Jackson had to go to the bathroom and when he came back in he ran to Pinoe and hugged her. We were all confused until he said.

"You sounded like you were hurt."

Which sent everyone in the room in a laughing fit. Like it was to the point where some of us had tears streaming down our faces. Its just he was so serious when he said it. Pinoe's response was

"Don't be jealous you don't got what I have."

"I'm not jealous I'm thanking god." Jackson says.

And the laughing fits start again. After we all calmed down Jackson sat in Carli's lap and we continued. I mean some of us were better than others. But then it was my turn and after a huge debate I sung All I Ask by Adele. I took off the headphone and everyone was just starring at me even the coaches.

"What?" I ask.

"Why didn't you tell anybody you could sing?" Alex ask.

"Because I can't and I don't." I say.

I go and sit back in the chair that I was originally sitting in. The game continued until everyone went and it was time to go to bed. Jackson, Savannah, and I made our way to our room and knocked out.