My Little Bro (11)

So I know what your're thinking how can she have a little brother. Well do you remember my friend Sam? She's adopted and lives with her foster parents. At first she was ashamed and didn't want anybody to know. But once we got to know each other better she told us. We didn't care and she took us to her house, which is where I met Jackson. He was also adopted, now I took him under my wing and treated him like my little brother. I would take him out with us when we went to kid friendly places. When things with my dad were hard I went over there and hung out with Jackson. When I met him when he was first brought to her house and I've been there for him ever since. So he's 6 now and I called him my little brother and he calls me his big sister. After I explain this story to the team Mom, Carli, and I go sit on a near by bench.

"How'd you get here?" I ask.

"Sam told me to come find you. She had Marco bring me here." Jackson says.

Marco is Sam's older brother, not by blood though. Before she got adopted she was in a foster home and she would get bullied. Marco was there for her and protected her from getting the living hell beat out of her all the time. I look up and see Marco sitting on the benches looking at us.

"Don't make me go back." Jackson says.

"Why not?" Carli ask.

"They're bad people." Jackson says.

"What do you mean?" Mom ask.

Jackson puts his head into the crook of my neck.

"Hey buddy I need you to tell me what happened." I say.

"They hurt me Ry Ry." Jackson says.

He has tears streaming down his face now and it makes me angry.

"Does Sam know?" I ask.

"They know she would be upset so they wait until she leaves." Jackson says.

Dawn and Jill come over to us.

"When's the last time they hurt you?" Mom ask.

"Last night." Jackson says.

I look up at Jill and Dawn and they have worried looks on their faces. We bring Jackson into the locker room and sit him on the table. I tell Marco what's going on and he waits outside.

"Jackson I need you to take your clothes off so we can see what happened." Dawn says.

He looks at me and has fear plastered on his face so I take his hands.

"Its okay buddy I'm right here." I say.

"Can you help me?" He ask.

I smile and nod. I help Jackson out of his clothes and we look at his body, but there's nothing.

"Jackson I thought you said the hurt you." Carli says.

"They did but they put this stuff on it so nobody else can see." He says.

Dawn gets some wipes and starts wiping Jackson's body. I see whatever they put on him come off and what I see makes my blood boil. Jackson has bruised all over his body which are all different types of color. They hit him with something and it looks like a belt. I turn around and punch the locker behind me which causes everyone to jump.

"WHO THE HELL DOES THIS TO A CHILD?" I yell.

Nobody says anything. I pull out my phone and call Sam.

"Hey Rylee." Sam says.

"Don't hey Rylee me!" I yell.

"What the hell is the problem?" She ask.

"Do you know what they did to Jackson?" I ask.

"What are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about this!"

I turn on Facetime and show her Jackson's body. I see Sam's face turn which tells me she didn't know.

"Jackson, why didn't you tell me? I could have stopped them." Sam says.

"They said they would hurt you too." He says.

Sam keeps the phone on but starts walking.

"Where are you going?" I ask.

Sam doesn't respond.

"SAM?" I ask.

I don't realize where she is until a pan goes flying and breaks the window. Mom, Carli, Jackson, adn Dawn, and I are now watching my screen to see what happens next.

"SAMANTHA WHAT THE HELL?" Her foster mom yells.

Her foster dad comes running into the kitchen.

"JACKSON! REALLY YOU KNOW I THOUGHT OUT OF ALL PEOPLE YOU WOULD BE THE GOOD ONE!" She yells.

"I don't know what your talking about." Her foster dad says.

"REALLY YOUR GOING TO SIT HERE AND LIE TO MY FACE?" Sam yells.

She gets in her foster dad's face and punches him. He falls to the floor and Sam gets on top of him and punches him repeatedly. Nick runs into the house and pulls Sam off of her foster dad. Sam is trying to get back to them.

"HOW COULD YOU? I TRUSTED YOU! I HATE YOU!" Sam yells.

Nick brings her out the house and walks her to his car. He takes her phone and looks at me.

"So what are we going to do about all of this?" Nick asks.

"Um well we will see what we can do about Jackson but make sure Sam is okay for the rest of the night." I say.

Sam is in the passenger seat of the car crying.

"Yeah I got her." Nick says.

I end the call and turn around. Practice was over and the whole team was in the locker room and saw what happened. We helped Jackson out his clothes back on and I picked him up. We walked over to Marco and I told him that I would take care of Jackson tonight. When we got back to the hotel Jill took me to go get Jackson some clothes. I left him with Mom and Carli while we went out. I came back and took Jackson to my room. I took him to the bathroom and gave him and bath. When he was all clean we got in my bed.

"So Jackson this is my roommate Savannah." I say.

"Hi." Jackson says.

"Hey, do you wanna watch a movie?" Savannah ask.

Jackson nods his head. Savannah hooks her computer up to the TV that we have in the room and puts on Big Hero 6. We watch it until we have to go to dinner. When we get downstairs a lot of the girls try to make Jackson feel welcome which I am super thankfully for. He opens up a little bit and he's a really funny kid. While I'm making my plate Kelley comes up to me.

"Hey how are you doing?" She ask.

"Right now I'm okay but it could be a hell of a lot worst." I say.

She smiles and takes my hand. I mouth I love you and she nods her head and mouths it back. We both go and sit at our normal table and we all talk until its time to go to bed. We all say goodnight and I head back up to my room with Jackson and Savannah. I hop in the shower really fast and when I get out Savannah is sleep but Jackson is wide awake.

"I wanted to wait for you." Jackson says.

I smile and get in the bed next to him. Jackson cuddles into my chest and I wrap my arms around him.

"I love you Jackson." I say.

"I love you too Ry Ry." He says.

"I promise I will never let anything happen to yo ever again okay. " I say.

"Okay." He says.

I kiss his forehead and we both drift off to sleep.