Time To Talk (15)

So remember how Mom and Carli caught Kelley and I. Yeah well they are still super pissed about that and haven't really talked to me since. We set Jackson up at a school not far from mine so I bring him to school in the morning and bring him home at the end of the day. I went to pick Jackson up from school and we stopped at Starbucks before heading home. When I got home I walked into the living room and saw Kelley, Mom, and Carli sitting there.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"We want to talk with you and Kelley." Carli says.

Jackson goes upstairs to his room and I take a seat next to Kelley.

"So when did this happen?" Mom ask.

"A few months ago." I say.

"Is there a reason you felt as if you needed to keep this from us?" Mom ask.

"Well Kelley is your friend and she is kinda older than me and we didn't know how you would take it." I say.

"Do you know how bad this would be if this came out?" Carli ask.

We don't respond.

"Rylee your 17 she is 22 now it doesn't sound that bad but it looks horrible." Carli says.

"She is right your not even going to be 18 until next year. Did you guys even think about this?" Mom ask.

"We did and we both agreed that we could keep us a secret from the media. We were going to tell our close friend and family but we were going to wait." Kelley says.

Mom and Carli don't speak for a while.

"Are you upset?" I ask.

"No but its going to take us some time to accept this. Because I can see hoe happy Kelley makes you." Mom says.

I smile and give them both a hug.

"Kelley if you hurt my daughter." Mom starts.

"Hey you don't have to worry about that. I wouldn't dream of it." Kelley says.

I smile and give her a hug. Life is good, everything is good. For the first time in a longer time everything is good.