Do You Love Her? (18)

So I didn't go to school on Tuesday because I didn't feel like it. Thank god Mom and Carli went along with it. I unpacked all the crap I brought to Coachella with me and did some of the homework I missed. Yes, I still care about my grades and if you were wondering I'm a A+ student. I know with everything that's going on it's hard to believe but my parents if they did teach me anything it was education is important. I also have amazing teachers at the school who email me my work that I miss and help me out when I'm away with the team. Speaking of the team Jill put me on their roster. I'm turning 18 this year so everything is all set, I don't know if I'll get to play or not but It's amazing officially being on the senior roster. But anyway we're playing Columbia in a few days and I couldn't wait. Anyway today I just kind of chilled out. Soccer tryouts are starting soon and I'm hoping this season is going to be better than my last. This season I'm going to be a Senior and I wanna go out with a bang. I didn't want to stay in the house anymore so I went with Mom and Carli to practice. I got to do all the drills with them and at the end we scrimmaged. I went into the locker room and put my shirt in Mom's bag leaving me in a sports bra and shorts.

"You don't like shirts do you?" Pinoe ask.

"Not unless its a muscle tee or something like that." I say.

I head out front and get in the car waiting for Mom and Carli to come. They finally come out and we go pick up Jackson from school.

"Hey buddy how was your day?" I ask.

"It was fun I had gym and we played soccer." Jackson says.

I help him buckle his seat belt.

"What position did you play?" Mom ask.

"I was in the front, I scored a goal just like mommy and Ry Ry." Jackson says.

"Do you want to play soccer?" Carli ask.

"Yes." Jackson says.

Girls Like Girls by Hayley Kiyoko comes on and I turn it up. We all jam out the the song until we pull up in the driveway. Mom ask me to stay behind while Carli and Jackson go inside. We get out the car and walk up the path that leads to the top of the hill and looks out over the lake.

"What's up?" I ask.

"How would you feel if I asked Carli to marry me?" Mom ask.

"Um I see that she makes you happy and that's all I care about so I wouldn't mind. When are you going to propose?" I ask.

"I was thinking after the Olympics because then I'm going to retire." Mom says.

"Are you sure you want to retire?"

"Yeah, my time is over and I want to be able to spend more time with you guys."

"Okay."

We sit here for a while longer and watch the sunset. We both then head back to the house. Carli had already started making dinner so we helped her out with the rest. We sat down and ate dinner before heading off to sleep. I have school tomorrow...yay